Well...It's Friday...

Douglas has been commenting on Instagram. Hope all is well with him too. Tried to contact Luke Swenson but no reply. Not sure how close he is to this area.

Good morning all y'all :)

I've been trying to keep up with the threads but haven't had much time to chime in.

We're up, sore, getting coffee and then off to fix the next things on the priority list. Probably a hot wire around 80 acres, pull a well & fix the windmill, and then cut up a giant tree that fell on the cow chute .. then figure out if anything can be salvaged from the chute.

We have power in Inez here but no internet so, while I shouldn't be spending, might need an assist today. I've got power and internet at the home/office in Victoria but the neighbor has a smelly sewage leak and the windows are still boarded just to be precautions about looters.

AT&T is waiving any data overages up to 9/15 which is nice of them but I think towers are down since we're running one bar.

Latest news is that a gas shortage and higher prices are on the way .. a refinery blew up and some of the holding tanks here and there collapsed (oil spills), off shore production is down. I *heard* that Dallas was rationing fuel.

A lot of rain expected this next week starting Saturday, including poor Houston.

Oh yeah .. skeeters SUCK!

Despite everything, spirits are up and everyone is helping everyone else.

Happy Friday!

~ Jerry & Gang

Good morning all y'all :)

I've been trying to keep up with the threads but haven't had much time to chime in.

We're up, sore, getting coffee and then off to fix the next things on the priority list. Probably a hot wire around 80 acres, pull a well & fix the windmill, and then cut up a giant tree that fell on the cow chute .. then figure out if anything can be salvaged from the chute.

We have power in Inez here but no internet so, while I shouldn't be spending, might need an assist today. I've got power and internet at the home/office in Victoria but the neighbor has a smelly sewage leak and the windows are still boarded just to be precautions about looters.

AT&T is waiving any data overages up to 9/15 which is nice of them but I think towers are down since we're running one bar.

Latest news is that a gas shortage and higher prices are on the way .. a refinery blew up and some of the holding tanks here and there collapsed (oil spills), off shore production is down. I *heard* that Dallas was rationing fuel.

A lot of rain expected this next week starting Saturday, including poor Houston.

Oh yeah .. skeeters SUCK!

Despite everything, spirits are up and everyone is helping everyone else.

Happy Friday!

~ Jerry & Gang
Thanks for checking in Jerry. Keep your head up! They say this is like a 1000 year rain fall/storm. Such disasters hit our land and lives (I hate it). We'll keep praying for all of you down there. God Bless all the rescue men/women and animals for making such selfless actions in their efforts to save people from this hell.

Douglas has been commenting on Instagram. Hope all is well with him too. Tried to contact Luke Swenson but no reply. Not sure how close he is to this area.

Luke was well out of the range of Harvey but I believe he is a San Antonio Firefighter so there is a good chance that he has gone elsewhere to help with the devastation. My hometown was destroyed in this storm. As soon as I can catch a break from work I am heading down there to provide as much as I can through donations and physical labor. The center of our town had over 6' of water. Boats littered throughout the town, buildings completely zero'd, flood and sewage damage to the extreme, buildings have fallen into the marina, sunken 70' offshore boats, sunken tug boats, an oil drilling ship crashed into the North Jetty... and that's just the tip of it. We took on sustained winds of 135mph and some reports of gusts well over 150mph. A huge mess but Port Aransas is a very strong community and will rebuild though it will take time. And that's one town, there are many with similar conditions not to mention the flooding in the greater Houston area.

The Texas coast took one on the chin but we will come together to rebuild. Thoughts for everyone affected are appreciated. Glad your OK in Inez Jerry.

I don't have lot of faith in the gas shortage reports. I believe that is just panic.

Happy Friday, can't wait to see the batch!

I'm hoping for a Minimuk in some kind of natural wood; ironwood, bloodwood, wenge or? I have a Nessmuk on the way from last
Friday, and a Stubymuk with bloodwood on the way from Fiddleback Outpost. Just need a Minimuk and a Campmuk to complete my set!

Luke was well out of the range of Harvey but I believe he is a San Antonio Firefighter so there is a good chance that he has gone elsewhere to help with the devastation. My hometown was destroyed in this storm. As soon as I can catch a break from work I am heading down there to provide as much as I can through donations and physical labor. The center of our town had over 6' of water. Boats littered throughout the town, buildings completely zero'd, flood and sewage damage to the extreme, buildings have fallen into the marina, sunken 70' offshore boats, sunken tug boats, an oil drilling ship crashed into the North Jetty... and that's just the tip of it. We took on sustained winds of 135mph and some reports of gusts well over 150mph. A huge mess but Port Aransas is a very strong community and will rebuild though it will take time. And that's one town, there are many with similar conditions not to mention the flooding in the greater Houston area.

The Texas coast took one on the chin but we will come together to rebuild. Thoughts for everyone affected are appreciated. Glad your OK in Inez Jerry.

I don't have lot of faith in the gas shortage reports. I believe that is just panic.

Stay safe Tx

holy crap. You guys have out done yourselves this week. This is one of the best groups I've see. I may have to get in the mix and I really can't afford to. what's in store for the ICCE expo in KC?

specs on the KEB?

holy crap. You guys have out done yourselves this week. This is one of the best groups I've see. I may have to get in the mix and I really can't afford to. what's in store for the ICCE expo in KC?

specs on the KEB?
1/8" SFT

Good to hear from you Donovan. Stay safe!

Handyman = no Handyman
Esquire = 1/8"
Bushnub? = 1/8"
Thanks. Shoot, I guess that's a KEB. Would still be interested. Its purdy!

Ummm, is there a shortage of 3/32 the past I don't know how many weeks? A number of knives that didn't go the first minute, I'd have really liked if they were 3/32". Just an observation.

2017 0901 05 – Bushnub w/ evergreen burlap over natural liners & white pinstripes, SFT, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $290

Back