Well...It's Friday...

Very nice batch today! The Recluse and Esquire are awesome!

Glad to hear that spirits are high down in Texas, what a disaster. The power of nature is impressive and humbling.

Good luck sharking today, Jerry, let me know if you need any assistance. I agree on the 3/32 comment, though it's been nice to save funds, there have been a few over the past weeks that may have pushed me over my "financial responsibility ledge" if they were 3/32.

Very nice batch today! The Recluse and Esquire are awesome!

Glad to hear that spirits are high down in Texas, what a disaster. The power of nature is impressive and humbling.

Good luck sharking today, Jerry, let me know if you need any assistance. I agree on the 3/32 comment, though it's been nice to save funds, there have been a few over the past weeks that may have pushed me over my "financial responsibility ledge" if they were 3/32.

Where are the pics?

I must be missing something lol.

Has 3/32 been a common thickness? Seemed pretty uncommon a few years back.
Common thickness/tang combos are generally:
1/8" SFT
1/8" TT
3/32" SFT
5/32" TT

A2 is the goto steel. O1 was kind of phased out. CPM154 will pop up once in a while but is costly (in terms of time mostly) to the production process.

Given that FF knives are intended for outdoor/bushcradting use, it makes sense that the majority made would have thicker spines for batoning.

I don't get outdoors in that way much any more so my use is lighter daily use / food prep so my preference is on the thinner side. I think my collection is probably about 60% 3/32". That said, one of my favorite knives is Fiddleback Handyman in 1/8" TT and another is an Osprey K/T Hunter in 5/32" TT.

Hope that helps.

it was sold in the thread
I could foresee some crazy shark battles if one or two 3/32" Bushnubs popped up in a Friday sale. FWIW 9/22 would be a good target date for me ;) Any earlier and the power/internet stability would be in question.

img-3588.html

What are the specs for the top one?

I'm checking in Guys. High and Dry here. No problems beyond gas being scarce and when you find it it's well over $1 more per gallon. Nothing new really. Lots of folks that were able to leave the affected areas are here enjoying hill county hospitality. Just about every restaurant, church, bank, and small business had organized and sent food, water, clothes, and cash to help those who need it. I was able to witness a convoy of trucks earlier in the week, each towing a boat with supplies all headed southeast into the disaster zone. Given all the madness in this country, sights like this are reassuring and welcomed!

I didn't even notice that Gaucho! Definitely add that one to my list of favorites today. Wow. The Ladyfinger is pretty nice too, I like that wood.

Yeah quite a few good looking knives this week. The Gaucho was the first that caught my eye, then the osage esquire.

Back