Well...It's Friday...

First, my hat is off to you. Such a nice move to call the shop and just nail that one! It's an absolute beauty.

Those scales are incredible. Do you know what kind of wood it is?

Well, early on in my Fiddleback immersion I read this exchange with interest:
Looking for my first fiddleback but I've been drooling over them since the first one I've seen.
Call the shop. Phillip will help you find one we have in stock. Easy peasey

:eek:

Phillip et al are clear that the Weekly glimpse and Fiddleback Friday threads are pre-VIEW and not pre-SALE (it's in all their text), which I was careful to VERY EXCITEDLY AND PERSISTENTLY HONORED WITH LOTS OF QUESTIONS. Er, where were we? :oops:

I'd spotted the Handyman in the Behind The Scenes thread here earlier in the week, leading to my APB here for sharking help if the knife appeared in the Friday sale, a heads up if it appeared elsewhere. I'm still grateful for those who were up for Trying on my behalf! Then I scoured Fotki, Instagram, etc. to and through Friday for any signs of the finished knife. When it became clear it wasn't going to make the week's Sale, I made some Inquiries, wondering if I needed to consider showing up in GA or at a Dealer's or wherever the knife might be headed.... It woiked. :D

The handle is maple burl, in all its layers of glorious blue, and without space vomit. :)

[Point of Reference-- Space Vomit encroaching on the Bullseye of an otherwise delectable knife with what I believe is also maple burl:]
Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%207.28.22%20PM.png~original

~ P.

Grats P. I know how awesome it is to grab one that is so exciting, so I'm really glad to be able to share in it by reading your detailed posts and sharing the pics. Thanks for taking us along with you!

It's Friday for all of you that aren't mountain or pacific! Happy Friday! Looking forward to seeing the offerings today.

I don't want to jinx it but I'm calling it a sellout. Awesome lineup!
I didn't realize the Camp Knife was so big until I saw it against the Woodsman. WOW.
It's a BEAST

They make me smile every time I pick one up:thumbsup:

I think George Michael's wrote a song about that Scorpion back in the 80's

Nice batch, the burlap Bush Hermit, Hiking buddy and Monarch are probably in my top three this week

I'm liking the curly/banding being exhibited in the maple scales of the KE Bushie. :thumbsup:

Are the wood blocks dyed/stabilized to get that yellow/gold coloring?

Back