Well...It's Friday...

If anyone is on the fence about buying Kyle's lunchbox chef's knife, I suggest taking the plunge. This thing is fantastic for anything in the kitchen. I use mine all the time.

Also, I can't believe the knives that are still available!

And HUGE thanks to the guys who offered to give me an assist on that LL. :):thumbsup:

If anyone is on the fence about buying Kyle's lunchbox chef's knife, I suggest taking the plunge. This thing is fantastic for anything in the kitchen. I use mine all the time.

And HUGE thanks to the guys who offered to give me an assist on that LL. :):thumbsup:

I'm on the fence about it. And the 0.40 thickness sounds hefty

Congrats on the Lil Lady!

What about the lunchbox knife for someone with larger hands? The handle looks small and if it had a lanyard hole I wouldn't hesitate because a lanyard could be added if needed for a bit more purchase.

Arrrgh the red Bushboot is just sitting there torturing me. Someone please buy it!

I'm on the fence about it. And the 0.40 thickness sounds hefty
1jay 1jay -- It isn't that thick. I think that was a mistake...decimal in the wrong place. Mine is NOT almost 1/2" thick!

Looks like someone already chimed in on this....

Congrats on the Lil Lady!

What about the lunchbox knife for someone with larger hands? The handle looks small and if it had a lanyard hole I wouldn't hesitate because a lanyard could be added if needed for a bit more purchase.

Arrrgh the red Bushboot is just sitting there torturing me. Someone please buy it!

The handle is a bit on the small side, but it has the right geometry for getting leverage with the blade while keeping your knuckles off the cutting board. I can fit 4 fingers on it, but someone with larger hands might not. Can snap some pics in hand when I get home from work, for reference.

Naturally, the RED Bushboot is calling to you.....maybe you should just stop torturing yourself and do it. :D

I did indeed see your post in the "it's Friday" thread. ;)

Tapered tang, swedge, wood scales, sexy color. This one ticked a few boxes for me. (If only it was 3/32"... but let's not get greedy.) A worthy first Fiddleback, I think. I'm glad to see others chiming in to confirm I made the right choice.

I'm all about 3/32 and driving Phillip crazy asking about it but there are a few models where the thumb tends to rest out on that spine forward of the scales and where 1/8 is more comfy on the thumb. For me, the Bushboot is one of those models so I'd kinda prefer a 1/8 TT when it comes to a Bushboot. That said, it never hurts to have 2 or 6 Bushboots and a variety of configs just to mix things up now and then.

Congrats on your 1st too! Great choice for a 1st

Here’s a couple of pics I took (quite hastily) for 1jay 1jay and Warrior108 Warrior108 of Kyle’s lunchbox knife. I have average sized hands, I suppose. I pretended to cut something with it just now and found that my index finger will ride on top of the spine, leaving the middle, ring, and pinky on the handle with thumb on the opposite side. Weird, I know.... o_O Hope it helps.

Back