Attention Well, what form should our BF Forum knife's bone handles take for 2021??

Bone format??

• Smooth, beveled

Votes: 152 41.8%
  • Sawcut

Votes: 172 47.3%
  • Jigged

Votes: 40 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How it started.

e1bd0ef3-3e61-4260-b5f9-1ebe55c83f56-jpeg.1580052

How it's going.

e1bd0ef3-3e61-4260-b5f9-1ebe55c83f56-jpeg.1580052

😣😖😫
asNl9Lm.jpg

What's funny for me about these red scales, is that with those stamped(?) (Actually, I have no idea how the logo bolsters are made) bolsters, I actually prefer the brown sawcut. But with the knives that I have seen with fancy bolsters like the ones we'll be getting, I like smooth all the way. Either way, I would have loved a smooth red Barlow like this one.

What's funny for me about these red scales, is that with those stamped(?) (Actually, I have no idea how the logo bolsters are made) bolsters, I actually prefer the brown sawcut. But with the knives that I have seen with fancy bolsters like the ones we'll be getting, I like smooth all the way. Either way, I would have loved a smooth red Barlow like this one.
That's not red. It's hot pink.

I realize that this is not a GEC barlow pattern but just envision a small compass where the the shield is located. We could add a compass to the forum knife this year! A compass would go with any color bone, smooth or sawcut! Just how amazing would that be!!!!!🤪🤪🤪🤪

00Dhj7g.jpg

I truly am fine with either sawcut or smooth bone. However after much thought, I'm changing my jigged bone vote to smooth bone for one reason. Charlie.

Here he is at a rendezvous a few years ago sharing knives and knowledge with my boys. He's been very kind and generous, and if that's not enough to sway me slightly towards smooth bone, nothing is.

22DTX3Q.jpg
PomNqDa.jpg

Now....whichever option wins, I hope red has a fighting chance. Remember, the red (or any color) takes to cattle bone a lot better than camel bone. I'd still like Cardinal Red on either option.
e4Amus3.jpg

The bevel is subtle on the smooth ivory bone TCs, very attractive. Also should note that the smooth autumn TCs w/ rounded top were not a SFO of Mr. CC’s...if they had been, maybe they would have had a proper Barlow bevel🤔View attachment 1580262
The 14 TC's from Mr. CC had nice rounded covers in both Smooth Autumn Gold and White/ Ivory bone. So, the Barlow master knows BOTH options are good! (and less likely to crack at the center pin. imo)
STnDLHj.jpg

I truly am fine with either sawcut or smooth bone. However after much thought, I'm changing my jigged bone vote to smooth bone for one reason. Charlie.

Here he is at a rendezvous a few years ago sharing knives and knowledge with my boys. He's been very kind and generous, and if that's not enough to sway me slightly towards smooth bone, nothing is.

Best point that's been made in this thread thus far. I don't think it'll help, but I also switched my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back