Wenger SAK alert! :O

on the very rare chance that they have a wenger computer whiz model, (with torx), I'd want it :)
they were only around $30 back when they came out... hope it would be around that range

I am jealous that you have that store to visit. I carry a Traveler most days for the last decade. I have an extra Traveler put away plus an Esquire and an Executive 81 01.

I would love to add a Wenger Soldat to my collection.

Brian

I am jealous that you have that store to visit. I carry a Traveler most days for the last decade. I have an extra Traveler put away plus an Esquire and an Executive 81 01.

I would love to add a Wenger Soldat to my collection.

Brian

I will check it out! :)

Yellow Alert: Scheduled to see the Wengers tomorrow early afternoon. Fingers crossed that they are what I think they are: NOS pre-2013 Wenger-marked SAKs.

Added to list. Does SI stand for something, or is it literally called an SI?

Thats the Wenger standard issue. Its the equivelent of the Victorinox alox soldier back pre 2008. Like a pioneer, but with a bail instead of the keyring nub that stabs your palm holding it certain ways.

I liked the old Wenger standard issue way better than the Victorinox soldier. I was very sorry to see Wenger go.

Thats the Wenger standard issue. Its the equivelent of the Victorinox alox soldier back pre 2008. Like a pioneer, but with a bail instead of the keyring nub that stabs your palm holding it certain ways.

I liked the old Wenger standard issue way better than the Victorinox soldier. I was very sorry to see Wenger go.

Aha, got it. The plan is to post a video panning over what's there, and checking for the specific treasures that were wanted. Stay tuned!

I've owned various Wenger and Victorinox SAKs but I've always felt that the Vics were better quality.
I like the scissor spring of Wenger, but I don't like the serrated scissor blades themselves.
And, in my experience, the Vic blades hold an edge longer than the Wenger blades, all other things being equal.

Good news and bad news. The store has sold almost all of yhe "normal" old Wengers, but still has a few specialty models, all of them marked Wenger Delemont:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_XKEPnwt0/

I bought the Fisherman model for myself as my birthday present. Yep today is my B-day!

Knives and price list:

Golfer- $37
Backpacker- $65
Snowboarder- $85
2x Flower models- $18 each
Cigar (with cigar cutter)- $65

RED ALERT: I only have about 1.5 hours to grab the knives. I will have a hard time leaving that Cigar model there if nobody else wants it.

Now's the time, fellow Wengerites, to snatch one of these and watch the Victorinoxians writhe in envy!

The store owner is digging around out back to see if there is an errant Wenger floating around.

He says Wengers have harder blades than Victorinox!

Is the cigar cutter the first one, with that forceps looking thing? I’d take that if available, if you pass, it is super rad. Happy birthday!!!!

Is the cigar cutter the first one, with that forceps looking thing? I’d take that if available, if you pass, it is super rad. Happy birthday!!!!

TY! Fonedork claims the cigar cutter Wenger!

Good news and bad news. The store has sold almost all of yhe "normal" old Wengers, but still has a few specialty models, all of them marked Wenger Delemont:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_XKEPnwt0/

I bought the Fisherman model for myself as my birthday present. Yep today is my B-day!

Knives and price list:

Golfer- $37
Backpacker- $65
Snowboarder- $85
2x Flower models- $18 each
Cigar (with cigar cutter)- $65

RED ALERT: I only have about 1.5 hours to grab the knives. I will have a hard time leaving that Cigar model there if nobody else wants it.
Thanks for the giving us the chance, Mecha!

Thanks for the giving us the chance, Mecha!

My pleasure, and all in good fun.

I hope the knife store guy finds a few more in the back. Going to pick up the knives shortly.

Thanks, Mecha. Nothing there to interest me - certainly no Soldat.

Brian

Back