Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Not a real western but based on a bounty hunter scenario is the Mandalorian, sort of Western meets Star Wars.
Absolutely, The Mandalorian was western story set in space. We talked about in here a while back. I hope they do a Season 2.

Welcome to the subforum by the way:thumbsup:

Absolutely, The Mandalorian was western story set in space. We talked about in here a while back. I hope they do a Season 2.

Welcome to the subforum by the way:thumbsup:
Thanks. Like the Grit Channel where I can see old westerns starring Andy Murphy and Randolph Scott, and others.

Space western is a genre, who knew? Season 2 is coming.
Screenshot_20200916-090900_Chrome.jpg

Any "The Critical Drinker" fans out there? Sarcastic, salty, and hilarious.

Anyone see a good Western lately? I hate admit it, but I have not watched Blazing Saddles all the way through. The last one I caught the tale end of was Winchester 73 with Jimmy Stuart. Also, I like the ones with Randolph Scott in the mid to late 50s, how were his earlier Westerns? And I have to correct an earlier post.....Audy Murphy, was good too. I also have been noticing that Glen Ford had more than I thought. Just trying to get the other Western stars beside Clint Eastwood and John Wayne. There are a few with Clint Walker and Richard Widmark. Got it! The Last Wagon was the one I was remembering.

Last edited:
There is a new one coming out with Tom Hanks.
I saw a commercial for it recently, can't recall the name but I'm gonna keep my eye out for it.

Lately I've had a hankering to watch High Noon for some reason. It's hard to beat Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly.

Has anyone seen the Tom Hanks’s new western? I heard it was entertaining but not the best.

Last week was watching some old Randolph Scott Westerns.......not bad, actually, action packed and decent acting. They run in spurts, so then it may be Audie Murphy, etc......

Randolph Scott was great, seems to me he did a couple with Fred MacMurray. I knew MacMurray first from the Absent Minded Professor amd My Three Sons so it took a while to get used to seeing him as a tough guy in westerns but he did some really good ones.

130128_full.jpg

One of the Randolph Scott movies from the early 50s, had Charles Bronson but he was then know as Charles Buchinsky ( something like that ) before he changed it to Bronson.

I remember seeing this episode of the Roy Roger's Show with Charles Bronson, Bronson was a beast. The boxing match between the two is comical, of course Roy knocks him around the ring.

Joel McRae is another one I have seen but not watched too many of his movies.
His radio show Tales Of The Texas Rangers is one of my favorites. He was a great horseman as well as a good actor.

His radio show Tales Of The Texas Rangers is one of my favorites. He was a great horseman as well as a good actor.

Now that is something I didn’t know. Did the radio show ever become a TV series?

Update: Did a quick look, it did become a TV show on CBS from 1955 - 1958, and played by different actors.

Last edited:
I never saw the tv show. At least not thst I remember.

Back