Whacha Been Up To......

Horsewright

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Lets post up some pics of what you've been working on lately.

Had this stack of misc orders. I was working on a batch of knives but I wanted to kick these orders out first.

qcxmQ6H.jpg

So it was these guys plus two flag boots:

1dRP6ro.jpg

A Flag Boot straps to the stirrup and allows the rodeo queen as she's flying around the arena some place to stick the base of the flag pole so its supported.

This one is for Miss Rodeo California:

mwZVE4U.jpg

And this one for a local gal.

zX7xq38.jpg

Nichole (my wife) has been making and selling quite a few of her Horseshoe Coasters recently:

JuAYA1k.jpg

They're leather lined to protect the table.

iPS6GoZ.jpg

Been making a bunch of these Travel Bags/Dopp Kits too:

4hfGzNg.jpg

dw5wKpF.jpg

And holsters, holsters, holsters:

dOpMCDh.jpg

1rpDFMw.jpg

p1hHo1r.jpg

UYcO1HD.jpg

Then we go roping. Whadya beeen up to?

3i4Diat.jpg

OHLfeK9.jpg

Js6wIa6.jpg

This. A 10 foot by 10 foot panel at Essex Modern City here in San Antonio. By far the biggest piece I've ever attempted. Its a Street Art gallery so the reason for it being a bit on the rough side. It was an amazing weekend working along side three other artists of amazing talent. I feel very fortunate.
View media item 4429Attaching a pic from imgur, I forgot that not everyone on here can see gallery images stored on BF server. Sorry about that.
jW1f1gq.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dave, nice works as always, thank you for sharing. The buckle of the tapered belt on pic above seems too big in size for the strap. Is there some special reason for that?

Yeah the Buckle is 1 3/4" and the keeper is 1 1/2" with the tip being 1 3/8" . I spoke with the owner and we may move away from the tapered belt to a Ranger belt.

Love those coasters! I got a big order out the door the other week, but failed to take any pictures of my efforts. With a predicted 10 to 15 inches of rain headed my way this weekend, I won't be heading outside so maybe I'll have something to show come Monday.

Thanks guys on the coasters. She's finishing off the first set that is flower carved today. Pretty striking. I'll post some pics when they are done. Keep dry Amy.

Don P paneraica didn't ya have some of that Russian leather from off of Cornwall a few years back? I think I was remembering some straps ya posted with that.

Here's those flower carved coasters. It was our friend Janine's birthday and Nichole made these as a present for her. Size one shoe, 13/15 oz saddle leather and 4/5 oz oiltan lining.

woJHiXa.jpg

On Saturday, Janine's birthday, we're all roping in the corral and along the hill side trots a huge boar. Now wouldn't ya know it, five cowboy rigs there and nobody has a rifle in the truck. So we go out to dinner afterwards for the Bday celebration and decide we'll go look for that boar next day. This is Tyler, half way up the hillside to the west of Hog Canyon (aptly named don't ya think). He's got one of our Rangeflap holsters, a Carbine Scabbard, Charmitas (leggings), Roughout Spur Straps and the very first Water Buffalo belt on.

5rCzowq.jpg

Course we never saw the boar again but did find where they'd been rooting around. Made it to the summit of Hog Canyon and then trotted on back and did some more roping. Everybody here on the summit had on Horsewright leggings of some kind or other. Lucia in the center on the grey horse was wearing her's for the second time as we had just finished them for her the day before.

LSNVuzL.jpg

Those are very cool Mark! Very cool. I'd agree. You are getting the hang of it. Thats the Wickett and Craig leather we talked about?

Did Nichole do your patio pavers too like she did ours? The pattern seems similar.

Thanks Dave. It is the W&C as you recommended, as ordered from Maverick. Very nice stuff for sure.

...something about a woman with a jack hammer eh? LOL. Never seen that before.

Yeah she ran the big tamping machine too after the pavers were set. Her whole project. She did the fire pit too.

[QUOTE="Don P paneraica didn't ya have some of that Russian leather from off of Cornwall a few years back? I think I was remembering some straps ya posted with that.[/QUOTE]

Not much left. Was selling off 4 x 6" sections for other makers to use as I still had stock of straps and sold close to 13 sq. ft. of it

Middle strap in my post was made from it

Can't get anymore and not sure if anymore is being brought up as whats left is in a dangerous part of the ship

Good memory

DON

Back