Whacha Been Up To......

Having made a few wallets myself, I would recommend running the inside pocket stitch on the left side up one more stitch. This will keep that lower pocket top edge from eventually pulling up and straining against the lower stitch, tearing itself loose. rtmind/randy

Getting ready for our big show of the year. We leave on Wednesday:

vD2Awyl.jpg

Working on sheaths for this crew right now.

Nichole has made up three sets of coasters:

OGZx2OR.jpg

A new product for us too, calvary style feed bags:

JZPwFaR.jpg

Course ya have to keep on with your regular orders too:

hUWvhdA.jpg

This is an old pic but she's built over a hundred wildrags too:

3ma1zkc.jpg

Tr1hJpB.jpg

Almost ready. After the sheaths I'm gonna build a set of tapaderos like this:

12V32L9.jpg

And four or five of our travel bags:

5FTXOZ7.jpg

Then we'll be ready.

On the bottom row of knives in the middle there is a knife with a round(ish) point (medium brown wooden scales)
What is it designed for?

Good deal. The oil in the leather will eventually set and even out but it may take a long time. I had a holster that took several months one time. Fortunately it was one of my own. ty_higg ty_higg

Hengelo_77 Hengelo_77 Its a Castrator or in cowboy vernacular a "nutter". Here's a thread a while back on its design.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/well-its-pointless.1508574/

Thanks Amy! 22 sheaths to sew up today and the taps to finish and got a good start on the travel bags.

Great to see everyone is still at it. I check in from time to time but have stayed quiet as I haven't had much new to post myself.
Until now...
Just finished up a batch of knives and sheaths for a show myself. Dave wouldn't even consider 7 a batch, but they're all I've had time for this year.
5EANZ0w.jpg

bS2JsqX.jpg

eAgJR6M.jpg

lDGV8Vf.jpg

jr0YbS1.jpg

rygKpUo.jpg

I also did a few holsters and nosebands.
sJSlWeP.jpg

buJzP4k.jpg

Earlier this summer I also made myself a belt.
ZwyHJ1O.jpg

RiuVmkO.jpg

Always enjoy your posts Dave. Good luck at the show this weekend!

Chris

Last edited:
Having made a few wallets myself, I would recommend running the inside pocket stitch on the left side up one more stitch. This will keep that lower pocket top edge from eventually pulling up and straining against the lower stitch, tearing itself loose. rtmind/randy

Just saw this don't know how I missed it, but I will definatly do that next time.

Thats great work Chris! Knives and leather. I hate basket stamping a belt at an angle like that. Bout the only thing I'll do horizontally. Ya did a great job.

The booth:

K1vCHFX.jpg

Still playing with leather even though out of the shop for a week.

DmFBJAz.jpg

Ppwtoxm.jpg

Threw my rope 8 times on two different three man teams and caught 7 times. Can keep my head up on that one, no slinking home. Didn't make the finals, only five points out though on one team. Was a lot of fun.

My son made the finals though. He does every year. The team kinda crashed and burned though in the finals. It happens.

yd7RBIe.jpg

adxChWU.jpg

I've shown the checkered knife and brown sheath before. (I EDC it)
I now almost finished it's brother.

The sheath completely covers the knife and holds it tight but you can pull the knife out with the breading without the sheath comming with it.
You carry it in your front pocket.

IMG-20181117-180604.jpg

Black leather with a natural coloured threat.

IMG-20181117-180314.jpg

I stitched the clip on with a black threat to have the visual vocus on the main stitching. I'n quit happy with the result.

IMG-20181117-180326.jpg

A good, tight fit

IMG-20181117-173033.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks for sharing the pics! Are you gonna checker the second one too?

So in post #42 I talked about getting a pair of Tapaderos done before the show we were going to. Well it didn't happen. They kicked our butt! Bad. Had em all cut out and were lacing them together. Both Nichole and I were working on this project together and after two hours we only had two Xs of the lacing done on one tapadero. This was the night before we left for the show. We still had 5 travel bags to make up so we abandoned the taps and left em sitting on the workbench. At the show I spoke at length with master saddle maker and our good friend John Willamsma about them. He gave me lots of great hints and when we got back I knocked both of em out in about an hour. By myself. Moral of the story, even with a whole herd of dead cow experience, don't be afraid to ask for help when you ain't getting it. Here they are:

ZaE8lwK.jpg

lBP3MRK.jpg

We put em on Nichole's saddle for the pics. What was cool about this pair is they fit her (ladies size 8) and our neighbor big Ty with his size 13 EE boots. Out of the same side made this rifle scabbard:

C9tiTPt.jpg

Also at the same time made these charmitas leggings with the cell phone pocket:

3lSowgb.jpg

zOYuJ3K.jpg

rAswwWE.jpg

qdLymmE.jpg

Both the scabbard and the charmitas made it on the train to the show.

Thnx, no checkering on the second knife, but I will be making more of these and I did enjoy the checkering process, so Ill do it again :)

Hi Dave! Hi all! Not so long time back I'd customised to myself the smallest EDC knife I've ever had. From kydex to moose horn and leather, how I love it. This is Kizlyar neck knife mod. "Yozh" it means "Hedgehog".

And just finished glasses belt holster for my friend.

I've shown the checkered knife and brown sheath before. (I EDC it)
I now almost finished it's brother.

The sheath completely covers the knife and holds it tight but you can pull the knife out with the breading without the sheath comming with it.
You carry it in your front pocket.

IMG-20181117-180604.jpg

Black leather with a natural coloured threat.

IMG-20181117-180314.jpg

I stitched the clip on with a black threat to have the visual vocus on the main stitching. I'n quit happy with the result.

IMG-20181117-180326.jpg

A good, tight fit

IMG-20181117-173033.jpg
Those are nice. What size are they?

Back