1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What-a-knife at What-a-burger

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by r8shell, Apr 1, 2015.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I don't know if any of you guys outside of Texas have What-a-burgers, but I went there today, and look what came with my food! A USA made Camillus 'what-a-knife'. I haven't seen one of those in years! So I asked the manager what was up, and he told me that the regional manager had recently leased another warehouse to store all the ketchup packets. (they are a big chain around here) Anyway, when they cleared out the warehouse, they found a pallet of these, and are giving one away with every What-a-Combo meal. Today only, while supplies last. Pretty cool, huh?

Whataburger.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. EyeDog

EyeDog Semper Fi

Feb 10, 2014
    Whata guy.

3. Markesharp

Markesharp

Mar 8, 2014
    Awesome Rachel! We will give you money to eat there every two hours until they run out of knives! :D Then we can all get a "What-A-Knife"! :D

Oh, we will supply you with Cholesterol Medicine too! :eek::D

4. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    What-a-deal!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. coolio

coolio

Jan 15, 2015
    Those are really cool caplifters, great score for you. I'd be eating there a lot! Don't tell the manager, but that well-made what-a-knife is worth more than the combo meal!:D

6. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    April Fool to you too :)

7. Smithhammer

Smithhammer

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    If only...

Cool knife regardless!

9. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    Awesome!! Who'd a thunk it?

10. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

11. I gave up fast food forever, but would go to What a Burger for that promotion!

12. glassjaw

glassjaw

Jul 28, 2014
    Makes me miss Austin. Which one was giving these away? I may have my parents see if they still are. What a great surprise though!

Gabe

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nicely done r8shell! :D :thumbup:

14. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha!
    Very cool!

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for 50 hamburgers today! :eek:
    As long as they come with knives!" :p

15. btmccutcheon

btmccutcheon

Jul 10, 2013
    That's just not nice.

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    What-a-April-Fools-Day

Last month, I went to lunch with a buddy of mine. He insisted we go to What-a-Burger.
    He said "Check it out!" and pulled out his What-a-Knife for me to take a picture of with the burger. (for the record, those are his dirty nails. :eek: (Mine are usually clean when I eat :) ) Somehow the discussion turned to "Ya gotta post this on April Fools Day."

I hope y'all thought it was a fun idea, and no one drove a long way to try and get one.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  17. coolio

coolio

Jan 15, 2015
    I took that one hook, line, and sinker! Nice one r8shell!

18. N.E.Tim

N.E.Tim Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2012
    r8shell,
    Great sense of humor. :applause:

19. btmccutcheon

btmccutcheon

Jul 10, 2013
    Along the same Lines though since I just purchased one that is supposed to be new old stock, and I was curious what information is available out there on this line of knives. Years made, where, etc.

20. MTURBO

MTURBO Banned BANNED

Nov 5, 2014
    I was just getting ready to type that I didn't believe it. Then I scrolled down and read more. YOU GOT ME.:)