What are you watching & why? (splain)

The Jeffrey Epstein's story on Netflix: OOF! Not for the faint of heart.

Per Eric's recommendation, Eurovision also on Netflix. Man, for those who have lived in Europe and know how daft and farcical this yearly musical jamboree / festival can be (The Eurovision Song Contest is a real event!), this thing is a hoot. All the silliness aside, how can you not just break into laughter soon as you look at Will Ferrell?

This thread had fallen back a couple of pages which begs the question, so no one is watching these wonderful Conventions? :D

RHETORICAL AND MEANT AS ICE BREAKER, SO PLEASE DO NOT GIVE A POLITICAL ANSWER!

But seriously, I just read that SHO has decided to cancel Penny Dreadful City of Angels. Now I knew that the second coming of Penny Dreadful had received some dreadful reviews (pun) but I had also thought that it had some potential although nowhere as much as the original one with the scrumptious Ms. Eva Green in it.

I still scour Netflix and have watched some episodes of Norsemen which I find quite funny but I have not found anything truly riveting for quite a while. There is a series on Netflix named Unwell which is all about all the weird stuff which people are willing to do in the name of health which IMHO are frightfully harmful. The last episode is about people getting intentionally stung by bees many times under supervision of their “therapists”, all in the name of beauty and longevity. I could not help but to constantly think of our own Tony R when watching that epi. No further comment!

City of Angels was really quite terrible. The original series was good and cancelled too soon.

I've watched some Norsemen, it's funny but not really grabbing me.

I'm currently watching Kingdom on Netflix. 3 seasons, mma gym storyline. Good stuff so far.
Just finished season 3 of Kingdom last week. Worth a watch, good not great. Started Baghdad Central on Hulu. Only a few episodes in but really good so far if you can put up with some subtitles every now and then.

Just finished season 3 of Kingdom last week. Worth a watch, good not great. Started Baghdad Central on Hulu. Only a few episodes in but really good so far if you can put up with some subtitles every now and then.

Cheers man! I like a series on whilst I work. Anything too good and the pace of work suffers:)
Kingdom seems just about right as you say.
I'll give the other one a try after

Anyone watch The Alienist? S2 finished a few week ago. Think I liked the S1 story better, but the depiction of 1890s NYC is pretty amazing across both seasons.

Back