What are you watching & why? (splain)

Cobra Kai is out on Netflix now...really well done. The new Bill & Ted was pretty decent too.

Binged watched the first season of Cobra Kai... Man talk about nostalgia... Took me down a nice memory lane when at least to me, the world was a much less complicated place back when the Karate Kid had originally come out at the movies (we used to say in the cinemas back in England)

Binged watched the first season of Cobra Kai... Man talk about nostalgia... Took me down a nice memory lane when at least to me, the world was a much less complicated place back when the Karate Kid had originally come out at the movies (we used to say in the cinemas back in England)
Totally, and when Daniel visited Miyagi's grave...not ashamed to say I got a little teary:(

Capital in the 21st Century on Netflix. Based on Thomas Piketty's best seller and very eye opening and very worthwhile for 1+ hours of your life. Skip it if you are a super wealthy TFB, a multi-multi-multi millionaire or even a billionaire!

Next:

Raised by Wolves on HBO. I was watching the pilot last night and although the production level (living on an alien planet, yada...) is not on par with Mars (Matt Damon). I see some potential but the synopsis may not be to everyone's liking! I will watch a few more epis to see if I'm gonna like it but both the IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes score it high and high'ish respectively.

To my movie watching and series binging homies:

I’m so far 8 episodes into AWAY on Netflix and TBT it’s quite vanilla. Not too terrible for me to abandon and to lose interest after putting this much time into it but by the same token nothing nail biting and edge of your seat (couch in my case) stuff to make me mad and sad if it was cancelled by Netflix after just 1 season. A bit too mushy and annoying at times!

Raised By Wolves on HBOmax is growing on me by much much more as a sci-fi project as opposed to the above. Ridley Scott directed a couple of episodes and he has his finger prints over this one. Some of you may enjoy it and get intrigued by it if you are on the same weirdo wavelength as me!

Then there’s another one which just started on HBOmax called The Third Day. I think that it’s a miniseries and one of those Monday eve releases (instead of Sundays). It has Jude Law in the lead and it starts quite weirdly and the whole thing is fooquing weirdo stuff and eerie taking place in some off the beaten path type of village in England. It definitely has cultish nuances, underlying and trends to its storyline if that also happens to be your cuppa tea ;)

Dark Water is incredibly good. It's about DuPont and Teflon. TBH, I got quite upset after watching it. It has The Hulk guy as lead.

thanks for mentioning it, just watched it.... (I started down this rabbit hole almost 20 years ago)
everyone needs to watch it

it's not just dupont, it's also 3m and the rabbit hole goes super deep on this one
I remember back in the early 2000s when the news first broke...
but the history is much longer -> aluminum and fertilizer mfgs have been trying to get rid of fluoride since they started getting it as a toxic byproduct https://www.actionpa.org/fluoride/donora-fog.html

but good luck trying to avoid it on all the carpets & couches & clothing it's been used on (the great stain resistant feature we all 'demand?')

the other documentary which involves copious amounts of fluoride is 'an inconvenient tooth'

also, 'the fluoride deception'

Last edited:
Back