What are your all time favorite Busses?

I want to say FBM because for me that's Jerry's most iconic design, but I haven't actually held or used one yet. Will fix that soon when my BG ships.

So for now it's definitely these two:

20170819_114254.jpg

But really it's all of them... :p

m97gq0.jpg[gimg]

The BG Hell Razor is probably my favorite on pure looks since I stripped it:

96miw6.jpg

I like Boss Jacks. Currently have 7. Although there has been quite a few I regret selling or regret passing on purchasing.
O1MP6ja.jpg

m585NAZ.jpg

SYKCO 511. Didn't like it when I got it. Sharpened it and made myself carry it for a week and see what I thought. Now it gets the most belt time.

Basic 4 LE. Love the handle to blade ratio, and it's sexy.

Swamprat Rodent 6. My go-to when I'm cutting trees down with a chainsaw. Great for limbing or knocking around saplings. Sometimes it's just easier to use the knife rather than the saw. Also does duty as my pack knife for the same reasons.

Last edited:
Basic 3/5/7/9/11, SYKCO 311/511, SHBM, SHSHII, SHMS (Mean Street), Leaner Meaner Street, Satin Jack/Boss Jack, BAIII (Badger Attack 3rd gen), Steak Knife, ASH1, SJTAC

Also the soon-to-be-released BG MOAB! ;):D

Last edited:
NMSFNO. Light enough to be carried and heavy enough for chopping. The perfect size and weight for me.

IMO the SFNO is the most beautiful Busse design. In use, I don't love mine but I do have two mint beauties on top of the user. I almost posted the basic 11 as a favorite but it's never been used. :oops: The old Res-C handles are so perfect. Never liked the Nuclear Meltdown series of knives.

I should post a pic of my old AK-47 with its Okuden sheath, that's one hot Busse!

I've had almost 100 Busse's so far, but my top two have to be my TGLB and MOAB. The TGLB is a great all around knife that can do pretty much anything, plus it's iconic Busse design that is a wonderful knife to use. To me Busse represents the upper echelon of hard use fixed blades that can handle even obscene amounts of punishment; the single knife that represents that better than any other knife, and the knife that is by far the most fun to chop wood with around camp, is the MOAB.

I want to give an honorable mention to the NMFBM, which is a truly amazing knife that I feel is somewhat underrated. It's an amazing user and mine has happily been used very hard over the years.

Back