What Better Time Than Christmas For Helping -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike has a very good point Rodger. I do think the names and donations should be done via email. Many makers don't have time, can't afford or flat don't want to participate.
Leaving their name off is synonymous to the Scarlet Letter. We are all friends here and if the intent is to help the troops, we don't need a lot of publicity.

As you told me, no need to toot my own horn.

I see Mike's view and I hope no hard feelings come from this. Roger is fired up, but I don't think he really plans on twisting anyone's arm into doing something they don't want to do for whatever reason.
This is something I've been wanting to do, but couldn't work out the details. Looks like that may be taken care of and thats why I'm participating. I don't personally expect anyone to participate that isn't ready and willing and I don't want anyone to feel that I look down on them for not participating. Its not that kind of thing at all.

Mike, I did not mean to miss your post. I would have earlier responded had I noticed it sooner. Mike, there are very few I respect more than you; very few for sure. Conviction is a heavy force. I wish you would join this but I know now to never ask. Just for you though, my country is worth more than me, more than mine, and more than all of mine that came before me. As I say these words I feel no embarresment toward myself or any of us others here. You don't like it, don't click on it.

Respectfully, RL

Mark, dag-on this this thing is going faster than I can keep up. Knife makers are the best of the best. I knew we would be here on this. You bet Mark. I definately want you.

Now I am going to go back and re-read Mike. I'll be back. I am back. Go by your own schedule. We'll put dust in your face. In short, I'll stand.

Mark, it might be best to stop thinking about what the enemy is going to do to us and start thinking about what we are going to do to the enemy.

BTW, who brought up politics. It weren't me. Since when does killing the enemy of your children have to do with politics.

RL

rlinger said:
Now I am going to go back and re-read Mike. I'll be back. I am back. Go by your own schedule. We'll put dust in your face. In short, I'll stand.
.......................RL

I rest my case!!:(

Rodger,

I was refering to forum politics. Lets just stop the bullcrap right now. If someone doesnt want to do this , that's their business and noone elses. Talk of slinging dust in Mike's face is way out of line. I understand your conviction and I have great respect for it. If this turns into a goat roping then YOU are doing more harm that good. I'm not responding to this thread any more. I'll e-mail you from here on out on the subject.

Pray for peace, Prepare for war.

Mike Hull said:
Just a warning! This sort of "almost mandatory" donation can tear a forum apart.

Many makers(in fact, many people), myself included, do not like this sort of thing.
And many kife maker's customers will not like it either.

Mike Hull said:
I hope you are prepared for the fall out if people are hurt in the rush to be patriotic.
Names will be taken, and those not participating will be "out", so to speak.
It happens in religions, race, you name it.

Just a thought!:(
I may make myself unpopular by saying so, but I am prepared to stand up and take the ground that those who are "out" of such a project will be those who I will happily buy knives from in the future. I am sorry, but I cannot bring myself to buy a knife made by an individual who intentionally makes one specifically to kill people.

As was stated:
"these knife makers are going to put there personality into the blades but as long as they comply with esential balance and size they should kill pretty good anyhow. Just make it a killer Don. Forget the artist bull crap. The object is not to make a well dressed dead American but a dead ass bastard enemy."

I don't want to even own a knife made by a person with such a personality! And if I found that I have already, then it would be hurled into the nearest lake.

I would like my knives to be made by artists who care for their work, who put love, and even thoughts of Jesus into their lives and their craft.

Rod

I'm already doing this for a buddy of mine. He'll be visiting right after xmas then going back to Iraq for a second time. He requested a strong thrusting tip, and for it to be thick and extra sturdy, so for those of you about to make one you might want to keep those points in mind. Too bad this didn't start sooner, I coulda had someone else make my sheath, which is giving me a little trouble with time running out. :eek:

Peter Nap: I think a bowie would be fine, mine is somewhat bowiesque and I'm thinking it should work out fine.

Here's mine:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/knivesandglass/combatknife2.jpg

I don't care much about feelings being hurt and I don't care about what some one else has done for a buddy or a brother or a father over there. Those things are personal that anyone can easily feel. I am specifically speaking of those of us you don't know, never will know, and probably would never wish to know. They are the ones you see and hear about but do not usually pay much attention too when you, myself included, hear and see about. Casually we do but as a norm we are comfortable. I am so sorry to ruffle your feathers. However, let's all listen to the recipients of our knife making. let's just take a glance:
--------
Roger

Damn!

When you said you could rally some good guys about
this you weren't joking! truly incredible, I just
printed off the page from Blade Forum and posted it on
the wall here in our Fire base. I am touched by the
patriotism and support from all these guys..it makes
me proud to be here fighting for these true
Americans..
-----------

now, we going to make a knife each for these Special Forces or are we going to sit around bitching about it? You tell me.

I was more interested in making a knife that will be used. I dont like the design and non usability of a knife designed to Kill. I'll make a user knife but a flat icepic I wont......

I'll watch this thread and see if I am in or not.
But like I stated above...it will not be a sticker..........

Just to set this straight. I'm going back on what I said and posting to this thread again.

When I said I'm pulling out of this thread, that was all I meant. I am definitely IN on making a knife. If helping our guys out means not getting an order from someone in the future that doesnt support OUR war effort, Then tough ****. I dont want their business anyway.

Rant over.

Mark,

Very good. Stay in the thread too. With you we have three solid now, yourself, Dave Larsen (there's another good one for sure) and lil'ol me. I'll go back through and see how many I lost and how many may have remained. It is possible there is more than three. We need many more, regardless.

Stay in the thread Mark and email those you think can come back. They are watching it.

EDIT:good, I see Don is still amongst us. That is one we surely do not want to loose. Don, make it the way you like it.

EDIT: that looks like it so far. Looks like we kept everyone except Brian but we picked up Dave through email. Four of us but all very good ones for sure.

If anyone is wondering about my part in this I would most certainly trade my part even up with any other of us now or in the future.

We need more makers. We kept it from exploding. Mark, we need you to stay in the thread. SF are watching it. It is about them. We need more good makers.

RL

Roger,
Although its not a handmade its a prerrt nice production folder. I would be more than happy to donate it to someone that would use it for more then cleaning his fingernails.
I actually wrote to Yokosuka Navy base to ask if they had a donation program for the troops, but nothing ever came back :mad:

here it is, ask the guys in Asscrackistan if it fits the bill and I will get her off to you. She is like new condition and comes with the TOPS Kydex 'sheath' Tanto point, but she will need a little buffing to put than razor edge back on.

TOPS-CQTM711.jpg

Oh, I forgot to say, this is a folding prybar, and bloody huge for a folder.

Mark Williams said:
Just to set this straight. I'm going back on what I said and posting to this thread again.

When I said I'm pulling out of this thread, that was all I meant. I am definitely IN on making a knife. If helping our guys out means not getting an order from someone in the future that doesnt support OUR war effort, Then tough ****. I dont want their business anyway.

Rant over.
But Mark, can you not see that by responding to this (over) emotive call, you are lowering yourself to the level of irrational mentality of the people who are killing *OUR* soldiers.

If you feel that you can live with that, and become as bad as them, then fine. But no, I am sorry, I cannot agree with you, and I cannot support you.

Rod

Sorry this is sort of a rant

Scenario

'Hey Rod, someone is raping your wife and kids'

Rod: 'Lets ask them nicely to desist, lest we act in a manner similar to them'.

Good grief man, did you lose a Y chromosone somewhere?

This scum needs to die, no matter what religion you are. Its just plain wrong. No ammount of talking is going to make them change their minds. There comes a time when you either kill them, or they will try and kill you and yours. Here and now is the time.

Temper, I will respond ASAP but first a word to Rod.

Hey Rod, you got hooks in your ass? If not get off our thread and back to paying the Queens taxes; or do you even pay taxes(?). Get out of here you sleezy bastard or I'll swim there to knock your pussy head off and wish your familly Merry CHRISTmas. I'll tell ya somthing else too. If I can't swim that far I bet Mark can. Go home.

Temper, please excuse my momentary loss of temper against one of your unfortunate (unfortuntely placed in) residents of our great mother country. I have not yet read your last post because I was not seeing very clearly after seeing the idiot Rod's comments. Temper, your donation is MOST welcome. I do have an address for these but can not and will not post it here for the enemy and enemy compasionates (Rod) to see. I will not even email it except to a very select few, which I have not emailed it at all yet. Yes. Yes indeed. I suspect you could mail it now - after the mail service resumes. Mail it not to me. Mail it to ddavelarsen (handle name). I trust him and by not mailing to me I am isolated because of being this thread starter.

For this I will put an extra coat of finish on all your knives ;) Thanks Temper. Please do email Dave for his address and get it on out. There is no time set for knives to be gotten to SF. The sooner the better. Put a nice sharp edge on it Temper. You da man. Thanks from all us and am sure yours too.

EDIT: I just did read your last post. I thought myself harsh. Now I see myself kind. :) Way to go Temper! You nailed it.

RL

Yall plan on doing something for sharpeners- bone will probably mess up and edge bad. O1 should stand it- should I see what can be done?

I have three daggers over there now....was happy to supply 'em. I told 'em if they got to use them against the enemy, place one of my business cards on their limp body so they will know what kind of knife did 'em in. Sick? Yeah...but so was their original idea to go fly some jets around NYC too.

Happy Holidays

Mark Williams said:

Rant over.

Good post Mark. If you will have me Roger I will sign up to do one. I am finishing two knives for the Knife in the Hat (in case the first one blows up being heat treated I will have a back up ready) whichever one I do not pass along to Brian Goode I would love to send to the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back