1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What Books Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by TraditionalMedicinal, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    The Last Lion. Winston Spencer-Churchill by William Manchester. last lion.jpeg

An excellent historical text by the finest biographer of the 20th century/

bigsurbob and jakemex like this.
  2. Tx308

Tx308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The End Of The World Running Club by Adrian J Walker started it after finishing The Last Dog On Earth by the same author.

3. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Classic.

4. Hawk45

Hawk45 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Half way through the Longmire series.

stevekolt likes this.
  5. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    Just finished Rebel Yell, the violence, passion, and redemption of Stonewall Jackson. Now reading Blue Moon by Lee Child.

DaveReb likes this.
  6. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Finishing up "The Flanders Panel" by Arturo Perez-Reverte. On deck is "The Club Dumas" by the same author.

7. ch46

ch46

Jun 3, 2001
    Just finished Next to Last Stand. The latest in the Longmire series by Craig Johnson.
    Now working on a James Lee Burke novel.

stevekolt likes this.
  8. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    120th Regiment

[​IMG]

9. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    There's an early scene where Toadvine and the Kid meet and have a knife fight in the street.

"The man threw down the bottleneck and unsheathed an immense bowieknife from behind his neck."

Cutfinger, Henry Beige and ArchVV like this.
  10. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    "Blood Meridian" is why I own a Himalayan Imports Giant AK Bowie.

I have always imagined that it would be similar to Toadvine's knife.

ArchVV and Henry Beige like this.
  11. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Just finished Craig Johnsons 'Next To Last Stand" also, and have about 60 pages to go with James Patterson's "The Inn". I'm also most of the way through Newt Gingrich's latest...

12. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Blood Meridian is an awesome book. I read it twenty years ago. Not sure I can stomach it to nowadays.

Kiteman72 likes this.
  13. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    There are actually two, which I don't need to read because they run free anytime in my mind : "Under the volcano" by Malcom Lowry (writer) and "Blood Meridian" by Cormac Mc Carthy (writer). These are stunners.

14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Just finished Red Country (last in the 2nd First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie), and just started re-reading the Dresden files (Jim Butcher) with Storm Front, as Peace Talks and Battleground were released this year, but it's been so long since I finished the series last time.

Switching to Kindle years ago has saved me so much bookshelf space ;)

[​IMG]

15. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

HopalongCassidy likes this.
  16. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
  17. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    51myFv+ghCL._AC_SY400_.jpg

18. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    For all of the cat lovers - there's a book that I finished that talks about how a cat can turn in midair to land on its feet. I never knew that physicists have argued about that for over a century! I mentioned the book somewhere else on BF but figured that I would mention it again since it is such a very interesting read, especially for cat lovers like me.
    "Falling Felines & Fundamental Physics", by Gregory J. Gbur.

Cutfinger and ch46 like this.
  19. 2manyknives

2manyknives

Aug 9, 2006
    Promise Road by John Baxter King. One of the better post apocalyptic/post WW3 novels of recent times.

Cutfinger likes this.
  20. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    I recently read some of Ivan Doig, really good along the lines of Wallace Stegner. First was "This House of Sky" and I'm about to finish "Winter Brothers", kind of a sequel. Moving onto "Dinosaurs in the Attic" by Douglas Preston and "The Double Eagle" by Alison Krankel.

Referenced above was "Empire of the Summer Moon" which is excellent. I'd, also, recommend "The Heart of Everything That Is" by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin.