What Buck are you carrying today?

zog8le.jpg

Buck Vantage Pro (Small) which is in my pocket 95% of the time. Have a custom Spitfire in G10 on order which hopefully I will have in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
307 stockman bought in Big Bear on sale wore out a lot of my jeans front pockets then I switched to a 703. I think that Big Bear sporting goods store collapsed in a earthquake about 1992 but I haven't been back to know for sure.
Broke one of the 703's, a splitting a deer brisket that I shouldn't have been doing but forgot the 110 on the pickup dash, and one cutting out an elk ivory.
It wasn't so much misuse of the knife I just lost my balance standing on a stool with the knife tip to about the bottom of that ivory root and I didn't let go of the knife quick enough.
Sent both to Buck explaining exactly how I had broken them, that is was my fault, could they fix or put in a new blade.
They sent me a brand new knife both times, that company has 110% and above customer service.

I've been sticking with a 112 with finger grooves. I've picked up others in the morning, but I've been switching back before I leave the house. It's just been feeling right lately.

Any word on when the ebony's are dropping??

I have about every size of Buck pocket knife there is, but I keep coming back to this 2002 model 503 Prince for pocket carry. It seems like a handy size, and I can barely feel it in my left front pocket, along with the small LED, a guitar pick, and some coins. My daily ride-alongs.
JT

wavdw43.jpg

Back