What can you tell me about a Buck B274-BK-0

I have one. They were made both in the USA and Japan and they made two sizes. I have the made in USA version that is 3 3/4" when closed. My example is very well made and I find it a convenient combination of blades with the added convenience of one-hand opening.

I have one. They were made both in the USA and Japan and they made two sizes. I have the made in USA version that is 3 3/4" when closed. My example is very well made and I find it a convenient combination of blades with the added convenience of one-hand opening.

Are you able to post a picture?

Really no reason though; it looks identical to the photo in the AAPK link you imbedded except mine says"US" instead of "Japan".

That's about what I paid on eBay. I wasn't seeking it out but I thought for $25 it was worth it.

How much is $25 if I recall correctly?
I still don't know what you are asking me. $25 is $25.

That is part of the reason I didn't pick it right it is I have way, way, way to many knives already...

17 responses on this thread and not one picture... I couldn't stand it. I knew I had these somewhere, took me awhile to find them and get some pictures. The Buck ECCO came in two sizes, the ECCO 2.25 (274) and the ECCO 3.0 (275). I think the numbers relate closely to the blade length but the 3.0 measures more like 2.75" These knives were very short lived, new in the 2001 catalog and gone after 2002. If you search 'ECCO" on the forum you can find some discussion dating back to about 2001. To summarize, the first batch was made in Japan by Sakai. There were problems, more with delivery than quality and production was moved from Japan to the US. These were 2 blade liner locks and the handles were made of Zytel, a glass filled Nylon. I have two specimens in my collection, a 274 made in USA and a 275 made in Japan. No model numbers, the USA knife has a 2001 date code and the Japanese knife has JAPAN stamped on the pyle side and no date code. These are very solid feeling in the hand and the quality seems very good on both. Notice that the sword handle logo is formed by the word "SEKIDEN".

274.275.ECCO 007.JPG 274.ECCO 017.JPG 274.ECCO 005.JPG 275.ECCO 016.JPG 275.ECCO 003.JPG 275.ECCO 013.JPG 275.ECCO 010.JPG 274.275.ECCO 2001 catalog.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't figured out if I like it or not??? :p HMMMM... Maybe!! ;) John

Back