What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Marneaus, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    We make it now in 3V stonewashed.

MolokaiRider likes this.
  2. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Holdout 2 today. One of the sliciest blades I have. It s been a while since I carried it. It did well with a little moderate outdoor work. Great edge holding.

jacksterp, nephron and jux t like this.
  3. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    American Lawman today. Fairly light and small, but very useful. Very strong.
    An AL with an uncoated blade of cts xhp would overrun the market. It would take its place next to the PM2 (or ahead of it).

daybd, GB940Rookie, insta9ves and 2 others like this.
  4. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    My new SR1

5. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Broken Skull this afternoon. Large Voyager in the AM.

6. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Red finn wolf and ad15

7. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes! Satin American Lawman. The lawman is very underrated, it should be as popular as the paramilitary 2 if not more.
    I honestly think that the black coating is limiting the sales potential of this knife. I think it’s easy to do a bit of market research. Just check with retailers such as bladehq or knifecenter and get the sales ratio of satin vs DLC paramilitary 2. Use other model ie Griptilian too if more sample size is needed. While it’s a different knife from different companies but it should be a better representation.

whp, daybd and GB940Rookie like this.
  8. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    This blade has exceeded all initial expectations.
    The AD10, as beautifully built as it is, has moved on to my wife. A bit too small for me.
    She sees them as our “his and hers” end of the world folders.:D
    [​IMG]

DocJD, nephron, razorburn and 2 others like this.
  9. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    The spearpoint Recon1 s35v satin finish. I just got it for my birthday.
    I like these Recon1 s. A lot.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    nephron and jux t like this.
  10. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    Great pic, Rookie! The 'Mighty 4 Max' is on-the-top of my 'want-list'. Along with an SR-1 folder. Rockin' my AD-10 as an almost daily-carry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    The AD10 is phenomenal. If it were .25 longer in handle as well as blade length, I wouldn’t have even tried the 4-MAX. I have 2x hands and the MAX is near perfect.
    [​IMG]

12. shortwinger

shortwinger Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2010
    A Grik clipped to my pocket and a Ranch Boss in my edc bag. The Ranch Boss sees more pocket time in the winter but for me it's a bit too big for shorts in the summer.

13. SOLEIL

SOLEIL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2006
    As my backup knives carrying a Vaquero Grande and Black Talon II lately. Both are serrated blades.

nephron and DocJD like this.
  14. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Bush Ranger

nephron and razorburn like this.
  15. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Ultimate Hunter.

nephron likes this.
  16. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) My regular indoor carry ( inside the house ) is a full serrated XL Vaquero and a Black Talon 2 , also serrated . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nephron likes this.
  17. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    The Spartan was never really on my radar, but a random comment about it being surprisingly pocket friendly for a megafolder piqued my interest. It's a heck of a knife! :eek:

It also has a sharpening choil, and the blade is sharpened all the way up to it; that's different from my older CS knives, and I like it. Locks up louder than any of my others, too. :D

[​IMG]

18. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Clip point Recon1 with a satin blade.

razorburn and jux t like this.
  19. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Had my AK-47 on me while I mounted some longboard/skateboard racks on the wall today. Specs and product shots told me I wouldn't like this knife, but it's a different animal in-hand. Buffed the scales down with an old pair of jeans, lubed the pivot, and it's breaking in nicely. :D

[​IMG]

Zephyr One/Zero and Mick_1KRR like this.
  20. allhatnocattle

allhatnocattle Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    4D04E278-E3FF-423A-A7FE-962B5FC1AC65.jpeg
    Scored a pair of bnib XHP recon 1’s. Not carrying yet but looking forward to putting them through the paces.