What cup of Joe do you drink?

Beer is good, but there is somethin bout a nice cup of joe.

I like dark coffees. I have been on a Sumatran kick for the past few weeks. I love that stuff.

Who else is a coffee fiend?

Your faveorite blend?

My wife buys the Starbucks Breakfast Blend.

The best coffee I ever had was a small cup of super strong nectar outside a small cafe in Valencia. I really think it was more the company (one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure of pleasuring) and the environment. You could have given me a cup of warm lard with chocolate sauce and it would have been the best cup I ever had.

For an everyday brew, Maxwell House Columbian is a surprisingly good bang for the buck. We have a small kitchen with no room for a grinder, so we skip the fancy stuff most of the time (and my wife has no use for it), but every once in a while, I'll pick up some Tanzanian peaberry coffee from the local Fairway. For the french press, I pick up some dark blend from the roaster across the street from work. For espresso, I go with Lavazza - 99% as good a Illy for less than half the price - I just picked up their Tierra blend from small fair trade farms but haven't had a chance to try it.

That starbucks breakfast blend is incredible.

I also like the Dunkin Doughnuts ground coffees, but damn they are high.

The sumatranI have been drinking ALOT of is Sams Choice brand from wally world. Its damn good coffee. Dark, but not bitter at all. I have liked all the Sams gourmet coffees I have drank.

Maxwell house is a good coffee too. Ive always liked it, its what my pops drinks.

Oh man, we're nuts. In the House, we have 2 dedicated tea fanatics, and 6 coffee nutcases (there's an overlapping spot there, Ms. Koyote does both)

I was just reorganizing the kitchen this weekend, and what I didn't put away in storage as spare parts was:

Mr. Coffee with built in grinder.
burr grinder
plug in espresso machine
stove top espresso machine
stove top percolator style espresso machine
stove top cappuccino maker (serious. wonderful for wood stove people)
32 ounce press
8 ounce press

That comprises our most used caoffee stuff. The Mr. Coffee is for making the all day weak brewed stuff that some ofus drink all day long. Espresso for mornings, sometimes the press if we score some blue mountain beans or pure kona.

Most of our beans are a hand tooled ehtiopian/sumatran blend for low acidity, but we keep an espresso bean around all the time, and give ourselves some treats periodically.

i am a major coffee drinker... i drink a few cups a day.. i love the stuff... the wife and I are on different schedules, so we don't even use a coffee pot these days.. we use a one cup at a time, plastic cone filter... the coffe comes out nice and strong...:D

i tend to prefer darker roasts... sumatra and silawesi kalowsi? are 2 favorites...:)

Love my coffee!

I have a Tassimo and always get the Seattle's Best Henry's blend. Good stuff!

Love my esspresso also, but only if Sambucca is around!

Just got a Espresso truffle with an extra shot from starbucks. Man o man it is awesome!!!

I feed my cat cofee beans and follow him around with a scooper to re-collect the undigested beans. Hey, don't give me hell, its a delicacy.

I loves me some coffee!

Purely as a convenience, I or my wife grab me a cup of Tim Horton's on the way home from work.

When I brew at home it's Millstone or Maxwell House. (Hey, if it's good enough for Teddy Roosevelt, it's good enough for me! :D)

I used to get Gevalia, and I still think it is great stuff, but their annoying marketing (specifically telemarketing :mad:) inspired a boycott of them.

I like to try "specialties" from local shops/roasters, but haven't discovered any clear favorites from among them.

Generally, I like a light- or medium- roasted Kenyan, Kona, Guatemalan or Mocha Java.

I like a dark roast sumatra coffee. Trader Joes sells a nice one for not too much green.

I have a Senseo coffee maker that brews single cups at a time. It's, by far, the best coffee maker I've ever owned.

I'm huge fan of the Sumatra and Brazil coffees.

I like Caribou coffee shops, but for home I buy the cheaper stuff or the powdered cappuccinos (I'm sucking one down right now). I like flavored coffee, or darker roasts. Yummy stuff! Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a coffee addict, a knife addict, and a gear whore. Please don't try to stop me! hahahaha

So, your "cat" is a palm civet? ;):D

Nope. And he really gets pissed at me for shoving the beans down his throat too. But, his irritation is my joy, and vise versa. So the 'beaning' is the fun part for me.

Nope. And he really gets pissed at me for shoving the beans down his throat too. But, his irritation is my joy, and vise versa. So the 'beaning' is the fun part for me.

You know the pup loves to watch it. He's sitting there thinking, "Take that you bastard." lol

Ill bet its hard to keep up with that cat when its all jacked up on coffee beans!!!

Back