What did ya carry today ?

For anyone that went into the bush today what did ya take ? I emptied my pockets and took this pic of what I had with me today:

p80500051.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-08-05

I'll be going out this evening for a little fishing and perhaps some star gazing. Fingers crossed, I'll catch a fish or two and get some pictures. I plan on taking my esee-3 and new recon 1

A swiss champ XLT. 3" Lake custom EDC, and spyderco folder. Carried an Exotac Matchcap that I just received yesterday. A little big, but I wanted to get an idea of how it was to drop in my pocket. It sure is light thou. I put 12 REI matches, and the spare strikers in it without a problem. I was supposed to take a new EDC from Ray L, but forgot to do so.

I practically live in the bush. Today I carried a RAT-1 and firesteel.com firesteel.

A Spyderco Delica, and(accidentally) both a Victorinox Hiker and Recruit.
I had to have been in the bush, because I got a tick on me:grumpy:

If you consider down range at Yakima Training Center as being in the bush, then this morning I carried my Vic Trekker and an issue Gerber Multi-Tool both in Tactical Tailor Multi-Tool Pouches and my Byrd Cara Cara. I carry the Cara Cara when in the field because I've lost several Sydies over the years and wont cry if I loose the Bryd.

Last edited:
I was practicing trap making and General chopping with my BK2. had my vic huntsman also but didnt use it.

Alas, severe storms in the area today so I didn't get out at all this evening. BUT this is the one I would have carried and it is the one I am using to prepare dinner :D

DSC_1352.jpg

A friend and co-worker spent a this week in Tampa and just completed the 8 hour drive back home (it was cheaper than flying and easier to carry firearms:D).

Today, I was traveling light for EDC...Glock 23, Emerson A100, Spyderco Perrin's Street Beat (great "urban" knife") and of course the chapstick, wallet, watch, and Oakley sunglasses...

Of course, I did have my small 25L Gregor pack with my Martin BT, Victorinox Spirit and some other items...

Driving 8 hours sucks, but having some "comfort items" is worth the hassle!

ROCK6

A friend and co-worker spent a this week in Tampa and just completed the 8 hour drive back home (it was cheaper than flying and easier to carry firearms:D).

Today, I was traveling light for EDC...Glock 23, Emerson A100, Spyderco Perrin's Street Beat (great "urban" knife") and of course the chapstick, wallet, watch, and Oakley sunglasses...

Of course, I did have my small 25L Gregor pack with my Martin BT, Victorinox Spirit and some other items...

Driving 8 hours sucks, but having some "comfort items" is worth the hassle!

ROCK6

I'd rather drive 8 hours with my "comfort items" than fly two hours...not to mention the time at the air port...without them.

Spyderco millie and my glock36 went all over the city today with me.

My big 9 in an inside the pants holster and an old Schrade 770T (muskrat pattern)...cause I live in a urban wilderness :eek:

Back