1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What Did You Order From The Starter?

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Badey, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    Just curious to see what others were ordering.

So far, I've ordered a 7/7. The 12 is calling my name, and I'm trying to resist, but I am weak, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

2. Spyke

Spyke

Jun 18, 2003
    7/7, can't wait!

3. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be in for a 4.7 and 12 as soon as I can access my account again :p The "forgot password" link isn't working for me ... or maybe I need to re-register? My last order to S!K was back in May ...

4. Leon.

Leon. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I don't know what I want, so I just got 300 bux worth of "credit"
    I already have a 4.1, and managed to get a 5.1 factory second in the most recent release
    planning to get a current production 3.5 as well...so you can see how I'm unsure about what I want next! lol

5. knife chop

knife chop

Feb 11, 2014
    I think the GSO 12 is a good deal. Just where can you find a chunk and size of a 3V with that price.

6. Alchemy1

Alchemy1 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I snagged a 2.7.

7. bladeninja

bladeninja

Mar 26, 2014
    Looking at a 7/7.

8. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    None until I see the pics, but there are a few I have my eye on.

9. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Agreed. I want to see pics first before dropping hundreds of dollars, just in case Guy decides to add a gut hook to the new 4.1 or a hollow handle with a compass on the end to the new 7/7 =)

Seriously though, if the new versions are as great as I'm anticipating, I'm planning on a 4.1 and 7/7.

10. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2007
    As soon as the pictures are up I will get either the 7/7 or 4.7 or both !

11. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I was thinking a saw-blade spine and a spanish notch. There are a few Klingon blade design elements that might work well also.

12. B34NS

B34NS

Dec 30, 2013
    Same thing happened here, I need to shoot an email to them.

13. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Hahaha, nice!

14. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2007
    Where are the CAD drawings :(

15. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I got so fed up with waiting on renderings that I decided to "stick it to the man" by ordering a starter 4.1 anyways.

I'm anxious to see what Guy has planned. Renderings come to those who wait?

EDIT: My sweet, sweet starter 4.1 was ordered in 20cv with black G10 handles, tumbled bolts and black sheath =)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  16. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    I'm waiting on the drawings as well. Gonna get a 5.1 7/7 and maybe the 12 too depending on how the specs and pics look.

17. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Ordered a 3.5 and 2.7. I am really glad they did the starter. For us in international timezones it was annoying getting up in the middle of the night to check the website for updates.

18. Ruudr

Ruudr

Jul 1, 2010
    Who can persuade me for the 2.7??? I already have the 3.5.

19. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Waiting patiently for the renderings of the GSO 7/7 and the GSO-12.
    Can't wait to get a peek! :thumbup:

20. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    The guy that does those for us had a few machines go down in his workshop so it took a bit longer than expected. Being that those equal 3/4 of a million dollars worth of machines they took precedent over Solidworks renderings. The machines are back up and running and the renderings are being worked on as we speak. Should only be a couple more days for all of them!