What Did You Order From The Starter?

Urgh I am so weak. I just ordered a 7/7. I do not need it for any practical reason but yeah I did it anyway. Going red micarta scales on this one. I figure its a sexy beast so its gotta be red. That brings my starters to 3 models plus the 4.1 I have.

Just hope Guy does not consider a hatchet next....my marriage won't withstand one more blade for a while...

GSO-12 = hatchet. ;)

Ha ha ha Love what you posted here AN. When it comes in, it will make you smile :) That's pretty practical :D :D :thumbup:

Ha Knocks thanks! I am actually using it as a reward for a health kick. No junk food and hiking once a week for 3 months. I figured that the model had significance for Guy - so I am putting it to a positive purpose. My little daughter will enjoy getting outdoors too!

Last edited:
I am not a high roller buy any means....I just have no self control. I will have to make some hard decisions when they start coming in and sell off about 1/2 of them. The only way I could justify it was that dang extra 5%. The way this survive stuff is holding value I shouldn't have any problem selling them for what I have in them.

I am not a high roller buy any means....I just have no self control. I will have to make some hard decisions when they start coming in and sell off about 1/2 of them. The only way I could justify it was that dang extra 5%. The way this survive stuff is holding value I shouldn't have any problem selling them for what I have in them.

I was just giving you a hard time because I'm jealous =)

Post some family pics when they come in!

Order placed. GSO-12, -5.1, -4.7, -4.1, -3.5 all with natural canvas micarta and OD sheaths.
The size comparison shots and new handle shapes pushed me to even order the 3.5 which I'd resisted. I look forward to comparing these tools against each other and others of similar size. I admit now that I won't be keeping them all, especially given how close some of them are to each other, but I'd like to offer help to those hesitant to order until they have seen more, and i especially want to continue my meager way of investing in Guy's company. I've yet to NOT get my money's worth investing in Guy :thumbup: So hopefully my contribution will help bring these models into our hands just that much sooner.

I ordered myself a GSO 5.1 with Ghost Jade G10, ferro rod striker and black kydex sheath. Hoping for a mid-summer delivery (4th of July'ish perhaps), but I'm a patient man. What drew me to S!K is the toughness of the CPM 3V, reputation (even though that cuts both ways - all agree about the quality AND the slow order fulfilment), and made in USA. This will be my first S!K

In looking through this forum, the Ghost Jade doesn't look to be too popular, but I dig it. Is it considered too flashy by most?

Also, does anyone have experience attaching an accessory pouch to the sheath. I wonder if the ESEE pouch might be a good fit.

Last edited:
I have already ordered a 7/7 starter, but I don't think I'll be able to resist the 3.5 starter. I'm waiting to get another chance at the necker. Its been something I have had my eye on for a little while. As far as the sheath Cipriano with the esee pouch, I have seen a gen 1 7/7 with the molle back. I think it would fit but I'm not positive.

Can only speak to my own tastes but it looks a little...synthetic? um I dunno maybe not jade greeny enough? I am using highly technical terms here :p. Maybe it reminds people of their house appliances?

Again I would not trash another mans taste in his wares (have seen many an odd bent) but nah - I almost wish they would phase out the Jade and replace it with one of the new interesting G10 composites or something. There must be a few options out there. Be fun to run a popularity vote and get a run of a specific unusual handle colour option.

I do not mean some flashy business or anything carbon fiber. A Historic wood run again? Even if it was just scales for a few models?. If you made 500 they would go in a matter of days. I dunno I ramble sometimes.

Can only speak to my own tastes but it looks a little...synthetic? um I dunno maybe not jade greeny enough? I am using highly technical terms here :p. Maybe it reminds people of their house appliances?

Again I would not trash another mans taste in his wares (have seen many an odd bent) but nah - I almost wish they would phase out the Jade and replace it with one of the new interesting G10 composites or something. There must be a few options out there. Be fun to run a popularity vote and get a run of a specific unusual handle colour option.

I do not mean some flashy business or anything carbon fiber. A Historic wood run again? Even if it was just scales for a few models?. If you made 500 they would go in a matter of days. I dunno I ramble sometimes.
How rugged is even stabilized wood if it isn't epoxied onto the handle?

Also, does anyone have experience attaching an accessory pouch to the sheath. I wonder if the ESEE pouch might be a good fit.

Yes, and yes :thumbup: Here is an image of the previous iteration of the GSO-5.1 with just the MOLLE-back attached, but the holes are aligned for the pouch as well:

IMG_0658.JPG

That's the photo I had seen chiral. Been a min. I forgot how sexy that looks with the molle back. Like a gorgeous gal in a pair of bdu's ready for business.

So I have already ordered a 7/7 with camo g10 and fde sheath. Just as I thought I couldn't resist. I had to have a edc blade. So I have now ordered a 3.5 starter black and red g10 black sheath. Guy and his survive crew are feeding my addiction with their awesome designs. Thanks survive crew.

Just grabbed a 3.5 starter and 5.1 starter - 20cv/orange-black G10 and 3v/brown canvas, respectively. Figure the 3.5 will be a good EDC/camp type knife and the 5.1 will handle the bigger chores. I was tempted by the 12 but I've got other knives that will satisfy the chopper aspect and wanted to watch the $ - I'm quite concerned I will regret not getting it :)

Back