What did you use your SAK for today?

Recruit used for ; for stripping mains cable sheath, large SD for scraping rust away from structural steel in a fertiliser conveyor belt and hopper, large SD for opening switchboard cover small blade for opening donuts for me and chicken nuggets for wifes dinner, tweezers for cleaning out a test probe at work. And the whole knife for fidgeting with at various times :D

Tweezers to pull out a hair, nail file to grind down a jagged nail, awl to clean nails, main blade to cut jerky, small blade to cut faces in cardboard as masks for the kids, corkscrew as a fidget toy and probably some other uses I've forgot. My SAK's get a lot of use during the day.

Your very kind thankyou. We grow Walnuts. The sprayer on the back of my New Holland tractor is a WEEDSEEKER 2. It has some very smart technology that detects plants passing under it and only sprays 4 inches before and after the plant. On current data we will save $60,000 this year in chemical.
Now the number of Swiss army knives I own is pretty high, a quick count-estimate of 200 in a four drawer tool chest plus I have quite a few of new in box so 250+
ebgGFYt.jpg

My favourite would have to my camper my mum gave me. My very first Swiss Army Knife 1988.
eCgx81R.jpg

There all my favorites really. Hey I'm happy to talk to people who want to listen about my knives. I like showing them and using them. I like looking at everyone else's knives and uses for them too.
Dan

What a great collection, congratulations!

The beginning of my collection!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-beginning-of-my-collection.1753958/

Yesterday, the large SD helped to clean another knife's blade well, the file smoothed a ragged thumbnail, the corkscrew easily loosened an impossible knot in a tennis shoe, the blade sliced open a package and at the end of the day the bottle opener popped the cap off a tasty refreshment. A typical day for my Vic Sportsman.
Jq2GvxH.jpg

Have a fantastic day today and a great weekend folks! -James

Used the corkscrew to pull out a plug of dried up silicone from the applicator tube thingy, had to redo a window sealant before the rain starts. Corkscrew doesn't get enough appreciation. Pokey thing, fidget toy, untying knots, lifting can tabs when you've just cut your nails, used as a corkscrew like in the example above, etc. I find lots of uses for it!

WHktV2a.jpg

I've been busy this week working all hours to get liquid Gypsum out before a significant rain event that is hours away. My usual work companion, my Huntsman, has been working overtime too opening lids and cutting security seals on 1000 litre IBCs. It does it no fuss. A quick rinse each load and back in my pocket.
ZO6O6PW.jpg

Last edited:
WHktV2a.jpg

I've been busy this week working all hours to get liquid Gypsum out before a significant rain event that is hours away. My usual work companion, my Huntsman, has been working overtime too opening lids and cutting security seals on 1000 litre IBCs. It does it no fuss. A quick rinse each load and back in my pocket.
ZO6O6PW.jpg

I always love your work and use pics, but that takes the cake for a user. Nice.

My kamikaze classic and i had a fairly busy weekend. Fixed the pantry door at my house( loose hinge), then went to my parents to watch the TN-AL game. As soon as the game was over, mom said their bedroom door wouldnt shut all the way, and if we men wanted proper food it needed to get fixed. Needless to say the door came off. Pulled out the classic, pried the hinge pins out, and was preparing to whittle away the guilty wood when i caught my dad looking at me like I was crazy.
Dad: You're not gonna fix it with that knife?
Me: You don't think i can do it?
Dad: I dont doubt you can do it, but suppers almost ready and im not eating it cold.
Cant argue with that kind of logic. Fixed it with my Opinel(since it was in my pocket), put the door back up and ate some excellent pot roast.

Back