What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gossman Big Boar Tusker. One of the best I've ever owned. 8 1/4" long x 1.5 " high x .30 thick blade.
Gossman BBT.jpg

I've been really wanting a Force 1, but haven't had any luck finding one. Picked this beast up off the maker's for sale forum a few days ago and it showed up today. 1/2" thick slab of A2 and 2+ lbs. It's just damn.

f0nhjl.jpg

Cool stuff guys.

In terms of fixed blades I've got almost entirely Busse or kin. Fourteen with one on the way to be exact (small potatoes comparatively to some of you guys I know, but I really just wanted one originally). All users, save for one that was meant to be a gift. That said I have an old beat up paracord wrapped Izula which I love, and a seal pup I got cheap that's still completely new. I've tried to pick up other steels and have used friends knives, but don't get the opportunity that often to get out of the city, so when I do, I generally grab Infi.

I've been really wanting a Force 1, but haven't had any luck finding one. Picked this beast up off the maker's for sale forum a few days ago and it showed up today. 1/2" thick slab of A2 and 2+ lbs. It's just damn.

f0nhjl.jpg

Wow, am I reading this right? .5" Thick ? Dannn thats awsome

My only fixed blade cheat is a Dozier General Purpose Field knife. It IMO is the perfect size and shape for field dressing and skinning a deer. It is also, with apologies to the Busse sharpeners, the sharpest knife I have ever owned and holds that edge wonderfully well. I also have an Arno Bernard Rhino with Nile Crocodile slabs, but it is not a user.

I don't consider folders a cheat, since Busse doesn't make one, but my current carry is a LionSteel SR2, or the larger SR1 when outdoors. I hold that these knives are built like Busse folders would be if they were available.

I carry a Spyderco Manix 2 or Gayle Bradley 2 every day. I still like my Esee knives and still have several Izulas, 3's, 5's, 6's and a Junglas or two. I really like the Survive knives, but the 3V is such a pain to field sharpen that I would never grab one over a Busse. If I was a better free hand sharpener and felt comfortable using a folding diamond sharpener then my 4.1 and 5.1 would see some carry time in the woods.

I've only got one Busse, my SHe2, which has put my ESEE-5 pretty much out of commission. My ESEE-3 and Candiru are still my go-to EDC though, until I manage to find a Mean Street Ergo with micarta handles for sale.

Granted, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my ESEEs or stop using them completely. They're still excellent knives :thumbup:
i286541539300495776._szw1280h1280_.jpg

glad to see so much love for the Esee knives. Esee is what got me back into knives and what eventually brought me to Busse. they have a great community and support system similar to the Busse group. I see many members here are active in both forums.

Last edited:
With exception of kitchen knives I don't own s fixed blade that isn't busse or kin.

Over the past two years Busse has made 70% of my fixed blade purchases. The other 30% is primarily made up by LT Wright, Survive! And Fallkniven.

I've only got one Busse, my SHe2, which has put my ESEE-5 pretty much out of commission. My ESEE-3 and Candiru are still my go-to EDC though, until I manage to find a Mean Street Ergo with micarta handles for sale.

Granted, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my ESEEs or stop using them completely. They're still excellent knives :thumbup:
i286541539300495776._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Nice to see a user SHE2, it looks great! I passed on those but bit on the BME.

I also have a couple of ESEEs, and Izula and a 4, but they haven't seen much use since the kin started to roll in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back