What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently bought a Spartan Phrike for a slim knife for my briefcase, and because I wanted to try one to see what's up.

I have a Burt Foster on the way that I am very excited about, a smaller laminated blade with apparently a very innovative sheath system.

recently got into a couple Quartermasters on the folder side....usually stick with Benchmade/Spyderco

Until Busse makes a folder, I'll check this out. Arrives Friday
Also love my Benchmade Rift 950, great production knife.
2a3c9ad037d544598bd4166d96938c66.jpg

45d7efaf3d10871dc8ea9f0cfd9d7a97.jpg

I think you'll love the Dua, man. Really underrated knife. Excellent construction, nice and chunky without being too much. The Curtiss F1 and Burke Stubby Hitman are kind of knives of the same suit if you like the Dua. Worth checking out.

Customs...

Here is a "Fugitive" from Terrio Handmade

0.22" thick Elmax at 60 Rockwell "C" (HT'd by Peters), tapered tang
6.5" long blade, 11.5" OAL
1.75" wide edge-to-spine
343.1g (12.1oz), 596.2g (21oz) with sheath and accessories

Dang it, cut that out Jared! I want one of those so bad. Ohhhh mama.

As for me, all I have left as far as fixed blades go, are Busse knives and customs. I think I may have an oddball Tops or Ontario laying around, maybe.

I still maintain a nice little Jeremy Horton collection, don't plan on ever getting rid of them,,, :)

IMG_0665_zpsczx8twqr.jpg

007_zps231b9b4a.jpg

I have dozens of fixed blades and folders that I've had since before I got into Busse. And after I sold my S&W Model 19, I don't sell anything. Talk about seller's remorse, it's a real bitch. I don't usually carry any of my Busse's as they are so heavy for their size. That is, unless I'm going into the Valley of the Shadow of Death. Otherwise, I typically take my Kershaw Camp 14, Entrek Bravo 11, BRKT Bravo Vortex or Strike Force, Black Jack Knives Halo Attack, Tops Silent Hero or Prather War Bowie or even my Becker Companion. If I lose or break one of these, I will certainly be unhappy, but if something happens to one of my Busses, I will be inconsolable.

If I don't have a Busse on my belt, I do have great knives from custom makers such as these from Jack O'Neill.

Attachments

• Seax in Sage.jpg
    Seax in Sage.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 64
  • Seax at work.jpg
    Seax at work.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Tusk in Purple Sage.jpg
    Tusk in Purple Sage.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 66
I've quickly learned with my Dalibors, Mosier, and Direware, custom folders can quickly get more expensive than fixed blades!

If it ain't Busse or Becker it's customs.

Got something speical in the mail monday, don't want my first pic posted of it indoors so will post in few days.

That Terrio bowie is awesome, like the Lionsteels and survive also.

For me it is Busse & survives knives only.

But i am considering trying a spartan horkos.
Does anyone have experience with spartan blades?

For me it is Busse & survives knives only.

But i am considering trying a spartan horkos.
Does anyone have experience with spartan blades?

I have a Nyx. Was my first "custom" knife I bought. Good quality knife, but not on the same field, in my eyes, as Busse. I don't mind beating it up, chunking it into plywood, etc. I've abided it and it has held up well. Even took a chunk out of my buddy's knife when they came into edge contact throwing em while taking no damage to the Nyx

Sheath they send em with sucks unless you pay the $50 for a Kydex.

Oh nice! Sounds tougher than i imagined.
It what way/s is it not on the same playing field?
Besides the fact that infi can cut through metal & is one of the toughest steels out there, is there other factors that seperate them?
& thanks for the reply/input

Oh nice! Sounds tougher than i imagined.
It what way/s is it not on the same playing field?
Besides the fact that infi can cut through metal & is one of the toughest steels out there, is there other factors that seperate them?
& thanks for the reply/input

Bevel was off quite a bit in the grind, it was very noticeable at the tip. Fit and finish just wasn't as clean as Busse.

Fair call, thanks for your opinion, appreciate it. Considering the price i might hold off then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back