Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by J_mcrane, Aug 1, 2016.
I hear ya Chris. My EDC is Millie in 204p.
My favorite folder steel.
I admit it. I'm a slut for cutting implements, yeah, not just Busse kin either. Many types, from cheap and quick 1075 tang to INFI and 3V scalpels. Folders to saws and axes, its a wonder my sharpening rod hasn't become corroded and fallen off. I've tried to be faithful, but I can't do it. I've lost track of all of my conquests, but I found many of them hidden about the house. In deference to my Busse Harem, I've left them out of the picture so as not to be mingled with this scraggly bunch.
I'm so embarrassed...left to right, top to bottom
1. Granfors Bruk Small Forest Axe
2. Silky Katana Boy 500 saw. Big folding beast of a saw.
3. Tops SurvTac 7 - Saw blade spine, odd knife, but works.
4. Colt Python (just for fun, very low round count and smooth)
5. My Bridgeport Boy Scout Axe refurbished blued and coated rubber handle with 8 coats of black Dip-It
6. Silky Big Boy 2000 folding saw (orange)
7. Silky Ultra Accel just a fancy Gom Boy
8. Bark River Knives Crusader 8.5 inch convex grind chunk of 3V. almost .3" spine.
9. Benchmade Amicus assisted folder, gentlemen's knife S90V.
10. Skipping into the middle now, all black Cold Steel Hunter Knife drop forged 52100 one sold piece with no scales. Very slicey.
11. From the tip of the Cold Steel; The BRK Tope Recon 7.5 inch around 3/16 3V odd shark like spine. Really chops way above its length and weight and still carves well for a large knife.
12. Just above the BRK Tope Recon are two folders; First, is a Hinderer XM18 Gen 6 in CPM 20CV. This is currently my daily carry sweetheart .
13. Just below the Hinderer is a my BM Contego in M4 steel. Its getting carbon fiber scales.
14. Far left is a KA BAR Pot Belly. An awkward blade that's really, uh, awkward.
15. Just inside the blade of the Silky is an Old Hickory, I intend to modify it for fun.
16. Above the handle of the Old Hickory is an Ambush (BRK) neck knife ELMAX steel. I just keep it as a backup.
17. Behind the Old Hickory is a handmade Mexican Dagger/Letter Opener with beautiful pattern relief work.
18. Below that is an all black First Edge 5150 in ELMAX, nasty field knife.
19. Below that, the Condor Pack Golok, chops a little like a cross between an axe and a machete.
20. Finally, a hand made Mexican Machete made in 1967, my dad bought it in Mexico. Bone handle with a birds head carved into it. Relief pattern with something in an old Mexican dialect that most Mexicans have trouble understanding.
I left out my ESEEs, some KA BARs, some Moras, a few folders and miscellaneous stuff around some where.
I usually always have a sheath knife on me or within arms reach, and if it's not a Busse, it's usually one of these. From the top: Marcus Lin, 2 Jack O'Neil's, and TK Steingass.
One of these is always on me. DS6 or Winkler field knife in my bag 24/7.
These are some of my other favorite options:
and this one also:
My Wife! LOL
I added one more in the last week! F95R
I love fixed blades but my folders get carried daily.
Winkler’s .. not INFI , but they put a smile on my face..
Ahh I've always wanted to get a Winkler belt knife. I might just splurge on one soon. The last non Busse I bought was a Tops Longhorn Bowie and I sent it to David Brown for a custom black Kydex sheath.
im with Snake, when/if end times come - Rmj Raider , shrike and some Busse.
The only non-Busse blades I have are a Buck 110 that my best friend gave to myself and his other groomsmen, and a crappy folder I carry at work for those times when my box cutter was left at the other end of the warehouse. One of them is a cherished keepsake that that remains unused, and the other will hopefully be replaced someday soon by the bossman.
I am sorry but I do not understand the question
I have some INFI goodness arriving tomorrow, yet I still cheated today...
BF's own Redmeadow Knives. Custom stacked leather bullnose in 52100 at 60Rc, with Bocote, Nickle Silver, and blue denim micarta.
ETA - Some better pics in nicer lighting today.
Hmm, well that's a good start....
Benchmade Marc Lee Glory 154cm
This baby has been hogging all the pocket time!
This is my daily carry.