What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know where 6 ply maple screenname comes from :thumbsup:

and, I'm assuming you have no neighbors.... or your neighbors are fans ... maybe o_O....I hope :oops:
Lol you are dead on with that one. Been playing drums since I could walk and I love it.

My closest neighbor’s are less than a football field away. All the equipment lives in the basement and luckily noise ordinance isn’t until 9pm. Technically we can play later than 9pm because the sound at the property line is way less than 60db, but I don’t really want to piss off anybody.

Buffalo horn is soooo nice...

fgpQ7UW.jpg

Didn't know anyone made folders in CD#1 :eek::cool::cool:

Duane Dwyer has been using CD#1 since late 2015. That's when he first told me about it and I had been wanting to try it out since then.

According to him it is now available in more knife maker friendly sizes - back then it apparently was only sold in large rounds (since it's historically used for cold-stamping coins) and needed EDM or something else to cut it down to knife-appropriate width.

Personally I wish other makers would start making knives with it. It seems to live up to the hype of holding an edge better than 3v while having the toughness of S7 at 56-57RC (if not more)...I like Duane, but unfortunately some of his recent knives (including the two I bough since 2018) have had minor wonky issues that ended up needing to be fixed by another maker friend of mine.

I'd even go so far as to say I think it could easily dethrone INFI for pure performance and toughness (but not corrosion resistance and ease of repair though).

Duane Dwyer loves to experiment with different steels. He also tend to go with chisel grind.
hookahhabib hookahhabib you have very good looking example of DD and it's not always a case for him, as he likes to experiment with material handle and finish too.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back