What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmmm Wenger blades!!!
kriXgE2.png

I know I'll be burned in effigy for posting this. But, I'm probably cheating on this blade with a Busse...

I've also been known to rock a Becker or (*discontinued) Ontario on occasion...

*Supposedly, if you track the "Jerry Busse ---> Justin Gingrich (*"Ranger Knives") ---> Ontario Knife Company" thing, this little mass-produced RD-9 ^^^ may have a wee bit of Busse DNA.

ZT0350 folder is my daily. Have a couple Ka-bars from my days in the USMC and have a soft spot for some old school Cold Steel Carbon V.

I want a Mistress and a TTKZ pretty bad, though.

Dawson Big Bear in Magnacut X2.
Blue & Black G10 with the "Spectre" finish (silver and black), and a White & Black G10 with the "Arizona Copper" (hope that one's obvious) finish.

They clear cerakote these after they apply the finish.
Also these guys do a mean heat treat.
They've been at it since the 70's as well. Family thing. I believe the son and granddaughter are maker's there as well.

Wanna get one of their swords soon.. they're pricey though.

Last edited:
Dawson Big Bear in Magnacut X2.
Blue & Black G10 with the "Spectre" finish (silver and black), and a White & Black G10 with the "Arozona Copper" (hope that one's obvious) finish.

They clear cerakote these after they apply the finish.
Also these guys do a mean heat treat.
They've been at it since the 70's as well. Family thing. I believe the son and granddaughter are maker's there as well.

Wanna get one of their swords soon.. they're pricey though.
What is the purpose of the jimping on the backside of the choil? It seems it would chew up your finger.

I thought that too.

In use it really just hooks your hand in better and gives a more secure grip. I haven't had any issues so far.

They've been getting pretty regular use. Haven't tried chopping anything yet though.. so no idea there. From normal use I don't thing it would be a problem though.
What is the purpose of the jimping on the backside of the choil? It seems it would chew up your finger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back