What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until a year or two back, it was these two CKC knives for me.

1656425689925.png

One was left in my possession indefinitely (the longer 5" blade) from a passaround that had concluded at Cliff Stamp's forum (RIP Cliff) and the other was purchased from a member here and at Cliff's forum (the shorter 3.5" blade). About a couple years back I reached out to Kyley, who made these knives, and offered them back to him as he had virtually none of his handmade knives left after retiring from knifemaking to go back to computer programming. Very happy to see he's using them to make helpful videos such as this one to inform people some important realities about knife design and function, which are either forgotten or not currently en vogue (overbuilt IS en vogue currently).

Kind of a EDC Pic.
Benchmade H20 n690, Benchmade Heckler & Koch Turmoil in D2, Zippo Armor edition ( Thicker walled than a regular zippo) in Brass & Brass Massdrop AAA flashlight.

The H20 is for boating, The Turmoil is my EDC. OTF's are so effecient & safe as an EDC, I can't see myself ever using anything else...unlessss Busse comes out with a folder. The actuation of the Turmoil is very strong, way stronger than other benchmade OTF's from what I've seen, the slim profile is nice too. I ground down the blade a bit into a false swedge for finger placement to choke up. I have also used it as a hook in tight places.
I bought the flashlight when it was a preorder back before massdrop became Drop, bought two of them, 1 was a gift. They have DOUBLED in price since then. I really like it as a hat light but I wouldn't pay double for it even though I am somewhat of a Brass Monkey.
7nsQtiN.jpg

This Barnacle Knot is great to have on a smaller knife because it allows you to drop the knife out of your hand, Manipulate whatever you need to with your hands, then swing it back up into the hand for use. I thought it was fitting for a boat knife ^-^.
jot6jiM.jpg

Being pretty new here, I quickly (*and rather violently) learned the endemic HATRED for Mike Stewart/Bark River Knives that is "Blade Forums".

Despite that, I've been beating on my BRK Trakkers and Crusaders for YEARS. So, I've been known to grab one of either specimens (*for my outdoor excursions) before one of my beloved HR2s or Mega Rats.

In my very humble opinion, this is a pretty bad-assed and capable CHUNK of 3V steel... (*Your mileage may vary)

Trigger warning lol... 😉😉
This is a Burnley ARU (All 'Round User). It pre-dates Luc's Kwaikens, Cypops, & all of his folders, and is the last ARU to have a hole in the guard (Luc agreed to stop using the trademark after learning of it while talking with Jerry about these, but this one was already listed @ AZCK for sale)
I "rescued" 😉 this knife from AZCK over a decade ago, and will never sell it due to the front guard hole, which works, as it's a great little edc fixie. To me it always looked like a knife that could be mistaken for a collab model between Jerry & Luc due to its old school looks-smooth g-10, solid pins, bead blasted 154CM steel, & useful. 🙃👍👍

Attachments

• Burnley_ARU-1.jpg
    Burnley_ARU-1.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 11
Being pretty new here, I quickly (*and rather violently) learned the endemic HATRED for Mike Stewart/Bark River Knives that is "Blade Forums".

Despite that, I've been beating on my BRK Trakkers and Crusaders for YEARS. So, I've been known to grab one of either specimens (*for my outdoor excursions) before one of my beloved HR2s or Mega Rats.

In my very humble opinion, this is a pretty bad-assed and capable CHUNK of 3V steel... (*Your mileage may vary)

While I'm not a huge fan of Mike, I do have 2 pre-2016 Li'l Canadians in 3V, and they are decent & sharp little knives. 👍👍 No complaints 🙂🤙

In the same boat here. I like Bark River knives, I have quite a few. I do not bring them up too much here in BF. they certainly trigger bad feelings. Some people like them. Some do not. Everybody has opinions but I keep mine to myself about Barkies. I just stay out of the discussions and just enjoy them for what they are to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back