What do you cheat on your Busse with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... Looks like an original Vaquero. With a 3.5 inch barrel? One of the horseback competition models??? (Balloons from horseback type competition?). I thought those only came out with the "New Vaquero."

Custom?

Can't say enough good things about this custom.

r6wXHD2.jpg

wFIi3bM.jpg

IiS2oPU.jpg

kOjMbpF.jpg

Hmmmm... Looks like an original Vaquero. With a 3.5 inch barrel? One of the horseback competition models??? (Balloons from horseback type competition?). I thought those only came out with the "New Vaquero."

Custom?

Rockspyder, its not a custom; I bought it stock about 15 yrs ago. I will have to measure to double check, but I think the barrel is longer than 3.5 in. It is loads of fun. Sometimes, its fun to get away from black guns and synthetic scales (though I like those too :D )

i-t9SwsRf-XL.jpg

1. Ryan Weeks Wood Drake with Hamon and mango wood handles
2. Carter Cutlery Whitecrane with forged damascus
3. & 4. Couple of Barkies too help get my natural wood fix
and an old Ruger single action .45 Long Colt just for fun, one day it will cost me a toe.

Well, there's the Estwing Camper's Axe in the car for starters.

Some Spyderco Mules. Here's the M4 edition.
BMrz76i.jpg

A Spyderco South Fork
vpXWLdI.jpg

Really fond of the old D2 RAT-7
9CzmFe4.jpg

Rockspyder, its not a custom; I bought it stock about 15 yrs ago. I will have to measure to double check, but I think the barrel is longer than 3.5 in. It is loads of fun. Sometimes, its fun to get away from black guns and synthetic scales (though I like those too :D )

i-t9SwsRf-XL.jpg

1. Ryan Weeks Wood Drake with Hamon and mango wood handles
2. Carter Cutlery Whitecrane with forged damascus
3. & 4. Couple of Barkies too help get my natural wood fix
and an old Ruger single action .45 Long Colt just for fun, one day it will cost me a toe.

Rog. It just looks shorter than the 4 5/8", which I think is the shortest standard.

Actually, now that I look again, and think about mine (all 4 5/8" barrels), the ejector rod housing on those DO come to the end of the barrel. It is the 5 1/2" that the barrel extends beyond the end of the ER housing.

I usually carry Busse or kin but Im a huge fan of Miller Bros

I designed this 9 incher. I wanted a rambo style knife like my buck master but in CPM3V.
Not to mention the MBB-2

I also dig the edgy designs of Havocwork knives. I have my eye on a couple more of their pieces

Also pictured here is a Dozier made Filet knife that I was on the waiting list for 3 years

and lastly one of my favs, a Charlie May OSK in the red handle

Just got her today,

Dervish Gorgon Custom. Stunning, just stunning.

Blue Mylar CF and Orange liners with Blue Anodised Titanium fasteners. Really hits the sweet spot in size, heft and speed in hand.

Lawrie

gor1_zps0ndkdztv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gor4_zps6n7jfsdl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gor6_zpsavdfx1aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gor5_zpsyg9luooj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gor2_zpsfeufkxet.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gor3_zpsfpgliqi5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1090580_zpsbedwceho.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1090579_zpsvyzrake6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1090576_zpsmx1bjew3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1090581_zpsoekiqyhw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1090582_zpsqwl8gxnb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

custom shop swedged tank buster with modified fusion scales?

kidding, that's a good looking knife

Ulf, that is an awesome looking knife--what is it/ who made it? Specs?

Thanks--

Very much on point there.;) Busse inspired for sure. Drew a rough sketch for him and came out better than could have hope for. Had the big center ramp put on so could rest thumb on like this.

9gODic0.jpg

Tip and grind are perfect. The handle design was conceived by Jay Ghoo. Incredibly comfortable in every grip position.

Alex Dron(AD Knives) is responsible for this work of art. Spectrumwear steel, 6.5" long-.21"thick-2" wide blade. 14 oz. Green g10, black micarta,red liners. Can do it all with ease. Here's another one I got from him,double edged Nessmuk. Extremely well made knives and great guy. Can't recommend enough.

zwAahcJ.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the Himalayan Imports Khukuris

ZiHG1cd.jpg

Also in that pic is the Griffin X by Dylan Fletcher in O1 and crosscut canvas micarta

7FUkHhu.jpg

It's a really nice chopper and general large utility blade.

Chris Linton at Osprey Knife and Tool is doing amazingly detailed work and the steel is solid, in this case CPM 154

bBQ9TLH.jpg

This one sees alot of use... a Pocket Buddy by JoshRG (Gallardo Knives) in AEB-L. Josh has a very distinctive design style.

AHc0KkC.jpg

I'm also a fan of Fiddleback Forge. Andy has innovated handle design and I have yet to find a knife that locks in like so many of his do. This is a 4" Kephart model in 3400 year old bog oak.

m39yJFV.jpg

Let's not forget Malanika, the puuko master of time and space.

RgXlk2Z.jpg

I love anything by Stuart Branson... Stuart Davenport... Matthew Gregory...

So many good people and talented makers here.

Nice gun. Know little about ARs. Who makes it/caliber?

Oh I also cheat on Busse with a poulan pro, which gotta say pretty damn happy with, in real hot weather 78f+ doesn't run well, but otherwise couldn't ask for better for the price, which was $75 refurbished, who knows how long it will last though, if it's 3 years+, will be money well spent.

Last edited:
Very much on point there.;) Busse inspired for sure. Drew a rough sketch for him and came out better than could have hope for. Had the big center ramp put on so could rest thumb on like this.

9gODic0.jpg

Tip and grind are perfect. The handle design was conceived by Jay Ghoo. Incredibly comfortable in every grip position.

Alex Dron(AD Knives) is responsible for this work of art. Spectrumwear steel, 6.5" long-.21"thick-2" wide blade. 14 oz. Green g10, black micarta,red liners. Can do it all with ease. Here's another one I got from him,double edged Nessmuk. Extremely well made knives and great guy. Can't recommend enough.

zwAahcJ.jpg

Thanks--very, very nice blade! It's like a Hellrazor, Tankbuster, and a Tom Brown tracker had a serious affair and spawned a vicious yet refined love-child. :thumbup:

9gODic0.jpg

zwAahcJ.jpg

Those are both awesome! I love that double edged muk. Wow. [emoji16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back