What Do You Have On Pre-Order

So, which Spyderco do you not only want but have on pre-order and which one do you most anticipate?

I have the Lion Spy, Centofante Memory and Native 5. I think I'm most antiquating the Lion Spy. I really like the design and looks. Also curious if it will kick the ZT 551 out of my day pack.

I signed up for the Carbon Fiber M390 Military and the Blue G10 M390 Para-Military2. Looking forward to a carbon fiber Millie. Long wait, sometime in 2012. You know how that goes. ;)

Edit: Ooopsie. Getting a little ahead of myself on the Millie. No sign ups yet for that one. Still looking forward to that one. Hope it works out. :D

Last edited:
The only one left on pre-order is the Lionspy. I'd be interested in the Para 2 M390 but not at the price offered.

I've pre-ordered the blue Paramilitary, because I think its going to be available from only one vendor (edit - I could be wrong about that). But I've stopped doing pre-orders on knives that will be available from multiple vendors. It always seems that these knives can be had faster and often cheaper when you don't tie yourself to a single vendor by pre-ordering.

Last edited:
Now that I have my Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, I have no pre-orders. Over time I've found that my favorite model is the Calypso design. When a new Caly model is released, I have to have it.

The only other model that I feel the same for is the Sage series. Until the next Sage is announced, I doubt I'll be placing any pre-orders.

Two of the Des Horn wharncliffe liner locks. Couldn't resist....love that blade shape despite it being a liner lock.

SP153GP: C153GP Des Horn Folder
Spyderco

Knifemakers practice their craft on every continent and in every country on the planet. In Cape Town, South Africa there is Des Horn. A career dentist, Des gained international acclaim as a knifemaker in the 1960s. His debut collaboration intertwines elements of both a Spear-Point and Wharncliffe blade shape, tapering to a super-fine, flat-ground tip. Corrugated furrows machined onto the CPM-S30V blade artistically sweep from the blade to the adjoining black G-10 handle. The handle tapers in a mirrored profile to the blade to create a sleek, spike-like profile and it has a Michael Walker Liner Lock and adjustable pivot and scale screws.

Last edited:
This is the first I have heard of the lion spy, are they all gone? Anyone know where one can be found?

I have 2 CF millies, 2 earth brown s35vc para 2, 2 m390 para 2.

Spydies: M390, Blue Para 2, soon to be Lionspy (suggestions where to preorder?)
Non Spydies: 777, 561, LMicarta 21

After those 6, bankruptcy.

ok i count 2 people who claim to have the M390 military on pre order..... are you talking about the mailing list for when it goes up or am i missing something here!?
the Lion Spy has my interest but im not sure, and i may wait until i hear reviews.
as of right now my only spyderco on preorder is the TUFF.

there are so many knives that have come out that are AMAZING.... for example the navaja.... it was awesome to me except i felt like the handle was in the way when i tried to open it with a flick of the thumb. Military is my favorite spyderco next to the manix.

ok i count 2 people who claim to have the M390 military on pre order..... are you talking about the mailing list for when it goes up..

That's right, there was a "send in an email" to get on the notification list or something back in July. Knew there was something I sent in for that 390 Millie. The email didn't reserve a knife for you though.

Back