What Do You Want To See?

JK Knives

Anything in particular you would like to see from JK Knives? You guys all know that I will try anything once! I`d like to get some fresh ideas from you all, my ideas don`t work out so well.

Your ideas work out fine John it's our cash flow that doesn't !!!!

Pit's right. The second I win the lottery, I'm getting one of each of your models!

But, since you asked, here are a few thoughts on possible designs:

1. It would be neat to see your take on one of my favourite classics, the D.H. Russell belt knife (ie. the Grohmann no. 1 model). This knife is distinguished by its flowing design, and it makes a great hiker / bird & trout model. A JK version with a flat grind and slightly wider handle would be neat.

2. A hidden tang ( :eek: ) knife geared towards the winter market. I spend as much time as possible tromping about in my snowshoes, and exposed tangs can be a bit chilly on the coldest days. Perhaps you could design a mid-sized 'winter hiker' with a full handle treatment, but with a large enough tang to inspire confidence. The sky's the limit in terms of design - it could be a puukko-type knife, a leuku, or simply a hiker or kephart-type knife reconfigured with a full handle.

3. A bushcraft knife with a combined grind - a few inches of scandi grind near the handle, for wood stripping and carving, and the rest of the blade flat-ground or convexed for general cutting and slicing work. Sort of like having a small serration portion, only useful! I would definitely be interested in such a knife.

Hmm, that's all that comes to might right now. Looking forward to seeing what others think.

All the best,

- Mike

I would like to see an outdoor knife with enough knuckle clearance that it would also work as a kitchen knife...

...Or do I want a kitchen knife with enough handle and thickness that it can be used as a camp knife?

In either case, it would also be a 5-6 inch blade that is not too long to carry on my belt or too short to be useful in building a nice campfire.

I would like to see an outdoor knife with enough knuckle clearance that it would also work as a kitchen knife...

...Or do I want a kitchen knife with enough handle and thickness that it can be used as a camp knife?

In either case, it would also be a 5-6 inch blade that is not too long to carry on my belt or too short to be useful in building a nice campfire.

design002-1.jpg
:D

I'm thinking the same way.
I'm trying not to comment too much here because I feel bad when I can't afford to buy what I want.

Last edited:
Your ideas work out fine John it's our cash flow that doesn't !!!!

+1 I was/am looking at a Scout Jr. or Tank. Just can't pull the trigger on them right now.

Maybe a full size handle ~4.5" with a short blade ~3". Not sure if you have anything like that.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing a chute knife too...

Last edited:

Yep. With at least a six inch blade. Sort-of like a Chicago Cutlery chef's knife, but with your personal touch. :thumbup:

How about a clip point like your tactical back up only with a 4 inch blade with a cocobolo handle :thumbup: :)

I echo the money part of this thread.
I am currently spending almost $900 on a new front door.

The hiker would be perfect with a clip point; when I eventually get one it'll be done up that way.

That little hatchet you made would be mine, if not for the lack of funds at the moment. I really like it.

As far as new designs go, I am working on a little kind of bolo-ish kind of kikri-ish design, that I am going to send off to you in awhile to get your thoughts on. Kind of a small survival/outdoor knife.
It's sitting on the floor next to me as I type this.

Back