1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What EDC light goes into your pocket most?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by BMCGear, Dec 15, 2017.

1. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    Nice looking setup

2. Low_rez

Low_rez Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Thanks! The leather holder fits in the pocket small and less of a chance to scratch up my knife or anything else.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Prometheus Beta QR in Copper with the Nichia 219. Beautiful little light with 3 levels that max out around 80 lumens. Fantastic coloUr rendition.

I have quite a few really decent lights; this is the one I recommend for people looking to spend less than $150.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  4. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    F8982D38-BD5D-4CA3-8A35-E1D656DE1E44.jpeg I carry a Lumintop Ti Tool that runs on a single Eneloop AAA battery. It is a clicky (3 speed) and will tail stand. I added an extra clip for baseball cap attachment. I carry an extra light instead of an extra battery. It also has a split ring option for key chain or neck chain carry.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  5. Amurr

Amurr Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 22, 2013
    HDS Rotary

GB940Rookie likes this.
  6. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    I tried to switch to an Olight s20 recently as my primary [belt] EDC having already experienced several other baton series lights as backup [pocket] carry and not liking the UI for that (I thought sheath carry may help avoid accidental turn on) but have since switched back to my trusty Zebralight SC62...

I wanted to like the Olight, and would of upgraded to a newer rechargeable base version especially cause it's smaller than the zebra but my complaint with them is not providing direct access to medium unless it was also your last used mode...

On zebra light you can double click (from off) directly to medium, on the baton lights you can only access medium from off it it happens to be the memorized mode.

7. pwest

pwest

Apr 10, 2013
    I've been carrying an Olight S Mini Ti for about a year. It's button operated w/good modes including a 'soft locking mode' that helps prevent accidental turn-on in the pocket.

8. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005
    An L3 Illumination L10 (1 AA), or an Olight S1o Baton with rechargeable RCR 123A.

9. quattro98

quattro98

May 19, 2000
    My most carried light is a Muyshondt Maus. The small size & light weight make it an ideal keychain light, but the batteries are not common. For more frequent use, I like the Eagletac D25C Ti with Nichia 219 for high CRI.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  10. mec003

mec003 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Streamlight micro most days. Occasionally a fenix EO5. I havent brought myself to spend much on a light and the budget options are sufficient for my needs.

11. Byrom Hermo

Byrom Hermo

Apr 4, 2003
    For the last year it’s been my Ra Twisty

12. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    For the last year or two I've been using the Eagletac Ti AA Clicky. I wanted something about the size of a roll of dimes with a deep carry pocket clip, and ease of battery availability. I also like the combination of head twist and tail switch so that I can change the desired brightness before I even turn the light on.

When I travel, I usually carry an old Surefire E2D. I also keep a rechargable Nitecore MH1C in my briefcase.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  13. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    NiteCore EA1 in my left side cargo pocket.
    Olight I3L on my key chain.

I now prefer AA and AAA lights. I went through my CR123 phase but prefer a battery that can be found everywhere.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  14. ralphtt

ralphtt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 1999
    Fenix LD12

GB940Rookie likes this.
  15. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I ended up buying a Nitecore MT10A.

16. thanzely

thanzely

Dec 21, 2017
    Streamlight Microstream, I have tried many others but always go back to the microstream. I really like the size and simplicity for an edc flashlight. They recently released a USB version that I will be picking up soon.

17. bruno_go

bruno_go

May 19, 2015
    Surefire Titan Plus

GB940Rookie likes this.
  18. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Depends...if I'm at work, I usually have a Peak Eiger Ultra X (copper) in my shirt pocket. I probably also have either a TX25C2vn or Seraph host/V54 P60 drop in (XPG2) in a rear pants pocket.
    If I'm out and about - this time of year - I've got a copper Olight R50 in my jacket pocket.

In my backpack is a Nitecore EC4S.

What can I say, I like to be able to see

Edit: hey look, I already responded to this thread. :D

19. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    My phone :)

20. mike90240

mike90240

Aug 5, 2010
    +1 on the LD12, wish Fenix was US made, but can't fault the product.

Mike B