What EDC light goes into your pocket most?

I was going with a Streamlight microstream for a while and I had a leftover Thrunite t01 that I gave some guys for Christmas, so I started carrying that and I love it. Didn't really like the twist feature since I was used to a clicker, but it grew on me. I like having it in my pocket instead of clipped on like the Streamlight. I think I want a Maratac AAA, so we'll see about picking one of those up....

I prefer a light on my keychain rather than pocket or belt. Nitecore Tube and Pelican 1810 are both on my keychain as we speak. The Nitecore Tube is awesome, very bright, extremely light and rechargeable. The pelican is only 15 lumens but very small.

I have and Olight s1 baton that is my work light. Test driving a M2R warrior from them. Much bigger, but man does it put out lumens. I previously carried Maratac AAA copper, I think revIII, which is a great small light. I also picked up a foursevens MKII turbo. More lumens than the baton, but shorter battery life and twist not click. S1 baton seems to be my favorite.

I prefer the form factor of the AAA lights. I have a Ti Maratac that gets a lot of pocket time. Was able to pick up the Ti Tool from Lumitop with the flat clicky tail switch. It’s a nice light in its own right, and it’s been on sale lately.

image.jpeg had this 4/7 for a while now over 5 years . I thought I lost it after two years I found it my old luggage . I put away the maratac and the 4/7 into my pocket

This olight s1a has proven to be the most useful of any flashlights i have owned so far. The magnetic tailcap and clip that can clip on my bill are way too handy. 1 AA, texturing, and the power levels make it that much better for me.0121181741-1.jpg

The Surefire Aviator has been in my pocket everyday for the past 10-15 years. Once you get used to that secondary low output red beam it is hard to live without. Started with the incandescent and then switched to the LED A2 when it came out, and it has never let me down. I haven't tried the latest version that's just out this year yet.

UYJ6iSg.jpg

fgBseZ0.jpg

WKFnSdd.jpg

Well, I tried a Nitecore and I really liked the light but wasn't a fan of the pocket clip. I ended up getting the Olight M2R Warrior. Although I thought it was going to be a bit large for EDC; I actually like it a good bit. At the office I usually have it in my bag and when not I keep it on my person.

yuAcl8RQDWQ4d1uK4JiGEeXGhVdCpXm10IMh3znBYcjdMmDX7NKQmM5RQUldHHugU8J-NjV5EaX1n6_6SvFfrQAx3AYgMG2UOMU4g24qrDpWHKkpoTvYKQGr_kup1880uJZGYoqQ_sY

Been really likin' my little Tain. About the size of my pinky and incredible workmanship. Runnunig Enloop AAA. Nice blue trit in the tail is also great for the nightstand.
0GcNe0z.jpg

For any years now my EDC keychain flashlights have been a Fenix EO5 (proceeded by an E01). The E05 has an added backwards mounted pocket clip so it can be attached to a hat brim or headband. Also dangled is a Photon hooded Freedom, yellow bulb carried backwards in its neck hanger , to avoid accidental “ on”. Two is one is the thought. I live and work urban...city streets...high rise buildings...elevators...train / pedestrian tunnels...etc. This lightweight, inexpensive and almost bombproof light combo has never failed me. It has more than enough lumens to let me walkout of a blacked out building and enough battery life to give me 30+ hours of light if I’m trapped in the dark or stuck in a blackout. Both lights carry long life lithium batteries. In my backpack or briefcase is either a Pro-Tac 2AA light or a ( brighter) Coast PX1. Again, not fancy but bright, long lived and heavy duty.

Sky Lumen - 2C Always on me, takes 1 18350 cell, nice 4 modes low/med/high/turbo --- hitting all the way up to 1700 lumens =D

Very versatile light and so small/compact.. at the price point I don't think you can beat it.

Before this, it was a foursevens mini ML --- which i still love, however the skylumen isn't all that much bigger and for what you get in return... well lets just say the ML hasn't gotten much if any pocket time since.... ---- however in summer if I'm wearing some light gym shorts I may opt for the Mini ML over the SL2c .... but def not during the cold months.

As for EDC light that is carried in my backpack that generally goes where I go.. Is the M43vn -- again great UI 4 modes, low/med/hi/turbo hits all the way up to 12,000 lumens... Thought realistically you can get 90% of the stuff you need too done with the medium mode, and if not then hi can take care of the rest... Turbos a nice "waw" factor though :) And more capabilities are always nice at the end of the day...

This light has saved me in a few different situations and has deff. been a conversation starter with many that were around...

I feel as though a dedicated bag light is somewhat overlooked in the "edc" community but is very important, esp. if you live in an urban environment such as I do.

12C41C21-D8F9-4245-98BC-CA529ED261E4.jpeg I try to keep my money invested as internally as possible, so that means I support USA manufacturing whenever possible. I know there are a handful of USA light makers out there but none really seem to hit my sweet spot (quality, value, features, form factor, appearance) as much as SureFire. I was a diehard Arc Flashlight guy back in the day & have owned a few Streamlights and even a 4seven. These three and the half dozen other SureFire lights I’ve had have been the most reliable lights I’ve owned. Order of most usage is from bottom to top... keychain>edc>backpack.

I decided to get a couple of copper EDC lights recently. A Maratac AA rev5 with Nichia landed last week and a Lumintop Tool AAA. The latter is still in the mail but I really like the Maratac so far.

I have been carrying a Fenix PD22UE for a few years now. Works for me, tail clicky, CR123, 500 lumens on high. Several power modes.
I lost the clip one time, and contacted Fenix - they sent me a new clip and would not let me pay for it.
The model is no longer made, but unless I lose it I doubt I will have to replace it.
DSC_8575.JPG

I previously carried a Eagletac D25 Ti - it was a great little light, but I wound up giving it to a friend in need.

I have a Foursevens Mini ML twisty which is a great, handy little torch. It is on a lanyard and I use it for camping, wearing it around my neck.

I also have a small "button" light, like a photo but a no-name variety I received as a bonus one time when I ordered Photons to give to the folks in the office for Christmas. It's nice to have a light on your keychain.

I have an inexpensive 4aa light in my truck that was given to me by a friend several years ago (Thanks Bill!) and it is still going strong.

Finally - I do have a Maratac Copper AAA - well made little light, sufficient for finding your way in the dark, but it is not very powerful.

I was on the Candlepower forums for several years before I found Bladeforums.....

best

mqqn

Streamlight. Period.

For the money, you get an extremely durable light with decent brightness and runtime, no matter which model you choose. Their selection has a light for everyone and their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

The usual suspects...most days it's the Eagletac Ti Nichia. The DQG tiny AA (right of the Eneloop Pro) is amazingly small and is often carried because of it.

Flashlights.jpg

The Emisar D4 has me pocketing a light again (I normally just use my keychain light, a MecArmy IllumineX-1). The infinite ramping interface and high-CRI Nichia emitter are both fantastic. I wish it had a true moonlight (low is about 1-2 lumens), but apart from that it's stellar. I love this little guy.

xCS3toY.jpg

Back