What else do you use your grinder for?

I like to make spatulas and magnets out of coins. What about you?
Em29MWK.jpeg
q7VCnC4.jpeg
azNW4JO.jpeg
492pnBN.jpeg
qSaidPb.jpeg
a71MCyA.jpeg
tRFjILo.jpeg
WkF384n.jpeg

Most any sharpening I need to do (knives, garden tools, tool bits for my lathe, wood working tools, mower blades, axes, etc....)
Deburring parts
General polishing and shaping, cleanup, etc...

Yesterday using a medium and fine 3M Scotch Brite belt cleaned up three hitch balls to a nice brushed finish.

I use mine for some of the welding prep. Grinding a "V" for thicker stock is quick & the clean-up on flat side-welds is simple compared to an angle grinder. It's nice to have for pattern making as well, fast stock removal to get a rough shape is easy with a coarse belt.

Been making beads for the thongs on the end of my knives lately. Been a popular addition:

YJzH4CF.jpg

AQWgJwL.jpg

All leather project edges are sanded too before rubbing:

8pUlACv.jpg

6xMi4wn.jpg

rsIDcQ6.jpg

I keep a dedicated 120 grit ceramic belt and a 400 A/O belt just for leather work.

I use mine for all sorts of fab projects. I make custom guitars and recently got back into restoring vintage dirt bikes.

Haven't done it yet but I could resole shoes on my grinder
Neat. I would love to see that. I have a few pairs of Allen Edmonds that are resole-able. But I think I will leave it to them when it come to it.

I use mine to grind/shape golf clubs as well
To make them shorter? Or shinier? Seems pretty cool.

I sharpen my pencils with a cordless drill and a grinder.
Me too!! But not with a drill. I just turn it by hand.

Most any sharpening I need to do (knives, garden tools, tool bits for my lathe, wood working tools, mower blades, axes, etc....)
Deburring parts
General polishing and shaping, cleanup, etc...
I sharpened my hatchet last night to get ready for camping this weekend.

Yesterday using a medium and fine 3M Scotch Brite belt cleaned up three hitch balls to a nice brushed finish.
Isn't it great to have a tool that is so versatile?

I use mine for some of the welding prep. Grinding a "V" for thicker stock is quick & the clean-up on flat side-welds is simple compared to an angle grinder. It's nice to have for pattern making as well, fast stock removal to get a rough shape is easy with a coarse belt.
Pattern making? Like pattern welding?

I rarely use mine to carve alabaster and other softer stones. It makes a huge mess!!
Man. I tried to make a sheath with the integrated belt loops like some of yours. Pretty difficult. The knife is for a coworker so I ended up doing a fold over without an integrated belt loop since he is not picky at all and since I do not charge for my knives. And the chisel ground chef knife on your website is really cool. I really like the shape and the idea of a chisel grind with double edges.

Been making beads for the thongs on the end of my knives lately. Been a popular addition:

YJzH4CF.jpg

AQWgJwL.jpg

All leather project edges are sanded too before rubbing:

8pUlACv.jpg

6xMi4wn.jpg

rsIDcQ6.jpg

I keep a dedicated 120 grit ceramic belt and a 400 A/O belt just for leather work.
I really like the design of your knives and the leather work you and your wife do is amazing. I wish I needed another holster. But spend too much money on knife stuff to buy more gun stuff. I watched the video on the internet you posted of you and your wife making bolsters. You make it look so easy. Going to try pretty soon and will use your bolsters as the goal. Do you get the leather from your animals?

I use mine for all sorts of fab projects. I make custom guitars and recently got back into restoring vintage dirt bikes.
It is difficult enough for me to make a spatula, I can not even fathom trying to make a guitar. Would love to see pictures.

Used mine to grind a replacement recoil pad for my rifle. I made a jig up based on those shown on Youtube and got a good fit first try. No chance I could have done that without my grinder.

Couple years ago a sub-contractor at work sent us prototype parts in PEEK that were to fit on a high speed rotor, they were meant to have a curved surface to match the rotor OD but had been left square, and too tall. Sending them back would have taken too long, so I took them home, knocked up a jig and used a micron belt to put the right radius on all 12 parts.

Neat. I would love to see that. I have a few pairs of Allen Edmonds that are resole-able. But I think I will leave it to them when it come to it.

To make them shorter? Or shinier? Seems pretty cool.

Me too!! But not with a drill. I just turn it by hand.

I sharpened my hatchet last night to get ready for camping this weekend.

Isn't it great to have a tool that is so versatile?

Pattern making? Like pattern welding?

Man. I tried to make a sheath with the integrated belt loops like some of yours. Pretty difficult. The knife is for a coworker so I ended up doing a fold over without an integrated belt loop since he is not picky at all and since I do not charge for my knives. And the chisel ground chef knife on your website is really cool. I really like the shape and the idea of a chisel grind with double edges.

I really like the design of your knives and the leather work you and your wife do is amazing. I wish I needed another holster. But spend too much money on knife stuff to buy more gun stuff. I watched the video on the internet you posted of you and your wife making bolsters. You make it look so easy. Going to try pretty soon and will use your bolsters as the goal. Do you get the leather from your animals?

It is difficult enough for me to make a spatula, I can not even fathom trying to make a guitar. Would love to see pictures.

No. We are a cow calf outfit so our "product" is a calf we sell at market when its weaned. I use Wicket and Craig and Herman Oak leathers for sheaths, holsters etc.

Horsewright - I use the grinder to clean up the edges of leatherwork also ... but talk about generation of lots of fine floating particulate! Definitely respirator and dust collection required!

Back