what ever happened to the buck Intrepid?

Midget

Gold Member
i remember that knife being awesome. i used to see it in stores years and years ago, and then i guess they were discontinued and long since sold out. still, what a great knife! i'd like to get my hands on one, but i can't even find them on ebay (except for that flat-tipped, diving model).

anyone got pics of the knife and/or some history?

Midget said:
i remember that knife being awesome. i used to see it in stores years and years ago, and then i guess they were discontinued and long since sold out. still, what a great knife! i'd like to get my hands on one, but i can't even find them on ebay (except for that flat-tipped, diving model).

anyone got pics of the knife and/or some history?

They are heavy duty knives that we're discontinued a few years ago. Keep checking Ebay, as they do show up from time to time. I picked one up there NIB for $85 about 2 years ago. (not the flat tipped one) Use the "search this forum" feature on the right hand side of the page. Just type in the word Intrepid & it will bring up past threads with alot of good info. You should find everything you need there. Good luck.

I picked up an Intrepid II with 5.5" Tanto blade at the Buck factory clearence/christmas sale in Post Falls, ID last November. They must have been the last ones left, there were maybe 6 of them. I paid $39.00 for mine. That may be one of my great all time knife buys. I also bought a 881T for the same price. I have been seeing more of these knives on the market lately, maybe because Buck dumped whatever they had at the factory.

Colt6731 said:
I picked up an Intrepid II with 5.5" Tanto blade at the Buck factory clearence/christmas sale in Post Falls, ID last November. They must have been the last ones left, there were maybe 6 of them. I paid $39.00 for mine. That may be one of my great all time knife buys. I also bought a 881T for the same price. I have been seeing more of these knives on the market lately, maybe because Buck dumped whatever they had at the factory.

Nice score! I would of grabbed 2 at that price.

Mick57 said:
Nice score! I would of grabbed 2 at that price.

And your English teacher would have wonked you over the head if she were there..."would of", indeed!!! :grumpy:

I would of grabbed a bunch of those Mick!! and to heck with the english teacher.

nice score

chickentrax said:
And your English teacher would have wonked you over the head if she were there..."would of", indeed!!! :grumpy:

Well, let's take a look at one of your illustrious posts on page 2 of the thread "Alaska 110 Question". You start out your response with this..."I disremember what thread it is in........ Disremember?? And you're correcting my grammar??? Now that's a good one coming from someone who makes up his own words. :jerkit: I'm sure your English teacher would be rolling on the floor with that one. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (along with everyone else in class)
Anything else? :p

Mike Kerins said:
Now children....let's all behave! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm making a valid point to someone who feels the need to correct my grammar. If that's what you consider childish, then so be it.

Mick57 said:
I'm making a valid point to someone who feels the need to correct my grammar. If that's what you consider childish, then so be it.

Mick57's not being childish...*I'm* being childish...:D

I love pulling people's legs...There's always the chance they'll come off... :eek: :D :p

Trax, I held you in high regard, because of your wit and willingness to do things to your knives, but now you've moved up several notches because of your honesty. I'm not pulling your leg either. Preston

Mike Kerins said:
Now children....let's all behave! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Interpreted, this basically means......"lighten up" I don't think Trax meant anything other than a playful jab. :D :D

...You are right Mike...Why I remember Trax tryin' to get me to sell "slugs" on Ebay once...Who'd a bought those slimy things do ya think...and how would I ship 'em???...:eek: :eek: :D :barf: :eek:

Mike Kerins said:
Interpreted, this basically means......"lighten up" I don't think Trax meant anything other than a playful jab. :D :D

Quite right. I don't take anyone too seriously...especially myself... ;)

My own grammar [bless her heart] is pretty bad; my spelling is even worse...I still spell "colour" and "favourite", and my worst word is reccommend...or recommend...or reccomend... :rolleyes:

And as far as aluminium alloy goes... :barf:

I misremember that one all the time... :D

Sorry Guys, but I am going to go with Mick on this one.

Trax, You have also made quite a few of your digs at me. Am sure you are just kidding around, but it often doesn't come across that way.

And yes, I do admire your willingness to attack an unknown, in playing with your knives and have said as much. But sometimes some comments just aren't necessary.

Sorry Guys, Just trying to look at both sides.

chickentrax said:
Mick57's not being childish...*I'm* being childish...:D

I love pulling people's legs...There's always the chance they'll come off... :eek: :D :p

How much did you enjoy pulling your foot out of your mouth?? Or is it still there? :yawn: :yawn:

Back