What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

We return to Chicken Rock, this knife's first visit:
IMG_8629.jpg~original

( Wurrwulf Wurrwulf ;))

"We":
IMG_8618.jpg~original

~ P.

Happy Day! Weather looks a little dreary, but I've been looking forward to your pictures of knives, rocks, and pupper!

Happy Day! Weather looks a little dreary, but I've been looking forward to your pictures of knives, rocks, and pupper!

Aw, thanks! Yes, it was a dreary day; I couldn't quite get the images I had in mind. A gray day can sometimes be more conducive to good pictures than straighter sun, but this time, with a fine rain beginning, there just wasn't enough contrast/illumination; the profile images I like lost a lot of the handle color. That, and my boots started to slip off the rock(s)!

IMG_8636.jpg~original

IMG_8639.jpg~original

Still, it was great to be out in the woods again, the first time since early summer, and Doggit, knives and I all made it back home-- success! o_O

~ P.

That's a sweet one! Love the osage! :D

That one you have is pretty damned sweet too! What is that, Camel Thorn?

The day I saw this one the whole story of Bilbo's life passed before my eyes like all of the major scenes in a flip book. From his earlier days on through his later years, and on the the story I have been writing myself to fill in all of the gaps in the parts of the story Tolkien only hinted at and eluded to. I could see the simple country boy in it to start with, then with the Osage I could hear Gandalf referring to the Hobbits as being "tough as old tree roots" when they needed to be. Then in the blade profile I could see the lessons of the time on the journey with the Dwarfs and fighting with the spiders in Mirkwood.

Back