1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Gevonovich, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good evening, all!

I've just spent the better part of my evening perusing this thread and have been enjoying the photography and, more importantly, the knives. My apologies to those who have suffered my "like bombs", it is simply a tool to express my appreciation for your compositions and blades.

@mistwalker, your references here and there to Tolkien and such has me intrigued and I'm looking forward to seeking out more of your writings throughout this sub.

I do not own any Fiddleback knives yet but I have had the opportunity to handle many at a recent local gathering of fellow knife enthusiasts. I was and still am very impressed with such finely crafted cutlery and am very much looking forward to beginning my collection and Fiddleback enthusiasm.

Though I do not have a true Fiddleback quite yet, I do have this recently acquired Fletcher that I've been very pleased with and I hope it's ok to post a pic of it here. If I understand correctly this knife could be considered Fiddleback kin.

Looking forward to getting to know you folks better in the not so distant future.

[​IMG]

2. AZCreeker

AZCreeker Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2017
    What kind of sheath is that?

3. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    IMG_1860.JPG

4. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Very nice Bushboot!

5. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    It's one that Joufuu Leathers makes specifically for the Sylvrfalcen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's broken in even more since I took the above pictures, and makes a whole world of good difference (vs. previous options) when it comes to actually carrying the knife. :)

~ P.

Gevonovich, Bmurray and AZCreeker like this.
  6. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    This is the one I'm carrying today...but from when i was fidgeting with it Monday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scotcha, Gevonovich, NoRest and 2 others like this.
  7. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    Scotcha, pertinux, Kal-El and 11 others like this.
  8. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    That may be my favorite Scandi HB ever. That spalting is gorgeous.

NoRest likes this.
  9. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Agreed, that is indeed a beaut of a scandi buddy, but I'm a little more intrigued by the item to the left... Kryptek, fluted barrel, can wrap? Predator rig? :thumbsup:

10. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    That's one of my predator rifles. Alexander Arms side charging AR15. 18" barrel. Chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Swarovski 4-12x50. Timney 3 lb trigger. Silencerco Harvester suppressor. I'm shooting 90gr TNT HP's at about 2900 fps. It's a very effective predator rig. One of my favorites.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  11. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Sweet setup i love 6.5"s

12. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Dang! That's a sweet setup! Heard a lot of good things about 6.5s in general. Don't know a ton about Grendel, but my next hunting/fun rifle will be a 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't have much experience hunting predators either, but the few times I've done it have been a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

NoRest likes this.
  13. NoRest

Nov 27, 2015
    The Grendel is a good round for the AR15. Low recoil and large enough for deer and smaller game. Effective out to 500+ yards in my experience. Ive shot steel to 1000 yards with it but its mainly a hunting round for me. The Creedmoor has more range for larger game animals but almost twice the recoil. Also the Creedmoor cartridge is too long for an AR15 so hopes of a lightweight semi-auto for calling is not possible. I have several Grendel rifles and love them.
    Sorry to mung up a good knife thread with a bunch of gun talk.;)

Odaon and Nbrackett like this.
  14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I had a CZ 527 w/ a lothar walther bbl chambered for 6.5 grendel. Still have a case of Alexander Arms ammo for it:confused:

Odaon likes this.
  15. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    3/32" Bog Oak Bushfinger goodness

[​IMG]

Scotcha, B Griffin, Pàdruig and 13 others like this.
  16. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    That's a beauty Jerry:thumbsup::thumbsup: and 3/32 makes it perfect!!

Oyster and Warrior108 like this.
  17. Thorns

Thorns

Nov 22, 2016
    [​IMG]

The snow is still so soft and powdery.
    Picture quality isnt so good... all i got is a flip phone.
    I love this knife tho.

Scotcha, Warrior108, blue333 and 2 others like this.
  18. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
  19. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bmurray, Scotcha, Pàdruig and 5 others like this.
  20. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Basement renovation finished up last night so I'll be toting these back down.

[​IMG]

blue333, pertinux, Scotcha and 10 others like this.