What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

qgY4Y2fVdIdVCdrT-7HVPPDI8s4hy-A3yzU8bxn-TID4ie0fWyK-4HwNbkOWNkuuOxIYjKA3KykAQ-Fm1RalGSFXO66Q0Q10dEBhJqYSUnqC2IPhp7jDvFnbRJsmn37cCAFB3Pkp20CEm6XKrkvpt5u7waKaPhWTn4869SbYkELfzOxewa1S0hWPfE8HnD632NA6B5pQIs7Yd7C0rxP_pAwZ_RxiE5pL2JkM1W5VRjlPd-GMPGUMawkPw-fxMwHRkqT7UcazKIFcs64_EVEDX96lJ490sQljMIHHzMT3Gd_Tjt5sAui9Rt6QliGjoIXObkzDKbvg8swbKGoKAymzzF4279RSZ7oJJ1L_NqRlEfIi46eM1tnRpm4-P_YtkelnZo_kg-i2_RQRmzv4fpoyrZm81ipNSvjlAYj8l-Y-GqFZnHD8H5OHVdURhtAHkxffj65Zdv97C-KgAb8SBY_Qg3frRdhvNQjsTFfX7T6tqZS8lCB19ZLd_xSA_rA1htOKqMdCgncrFxoMd8z9muADpoft67gK02U3mWbqJFXffhSdOicbJxNyLeF_FcKC70zhfXFyVleZOdaIvXDcDbNB3RuRybSo2Sk-oC-4sKA=w800-h533-no

The Mantra had been in my pockets for a looooong time already. Really love this knife.

Just starting to move around - only thing I'm carrying is my GM3...and a 16 oz cup of tea. Once I decide if I'm getting dressed, or going back to bed, I'll figure out if I need another knife.

Typically rocking an Emerson of one iteration or another but, for the knives I use the most, the BM Adamas, CS American Lawman, CS Recon or Spyderco Pacific Salt (in one iteration or another) seem to carry the gaff most of the time depending upon garb, environs and anticipated activities. Note, I more often than not have two folders on me.

The foregoing does not include the ubiquitous SAK and/or LM multi-tool.

Today I carried my Ferrum Forge Falcon for the first time in awhile, and my EDC SAK Pioneer in olive green. I really don't have many folders. Just these 2, my trusty old Cammilus Boy Scout knife (it really is a piece of crap but it works) and a CRKT M21 from time to time.

I know CS gets a little hate here sometimes and I’m not a fan of overly tactical designs either, but I do love some of their other folders. Some of them are just so tough and come in larger sizes than some other companies.

Especially now that I’ve found this little device called the snaggletooth. It’s for pocket snag opening, aka “waving” the blade open from the pocket. I believe it’s compatible with lots of other thumb stud brands too.

bibWdAp.jpg

B51gXLz.jpg

KLKmJME.jpg

Of course my Becker’s still see the most use out of all the knives I own.

Last edited:
Back