What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

Reviving this thread. :thumbsup:

@DerekH had mentioned on another thread how the Hinderer designed ZT was a Beckerhead favorite. When I got it, I could tell why. It’s heavy and overbuilt with good ergonomics. I picked up a Fox RAVN today and can say the same thing about it. Check out that gorgeous cocobolo too...
5169RQb.jpg

I got this Lionsteel Thrill yesterday (hence my picture from my work desk), I've been looking for a good slipjoint with stainless steel and this one checked all the boxes including some I didn't know I had (like the sweet spring-loaded pocket clip that isn't there when you don't need it). M390 with a single-piece aluminum handle.

I carried it to work today too, and I'm really liking the light weight and smooth action, it checks all the boxes the Benchmade Bugout does but a bit more elegantly.

TXzLKSB.jpg

Nice blade. Ive come close to pulling the trigger on a few lionsteel knives. Im fairly satisfied with what i have but i keep buying more. Ill pick one up before long regardless

Recently, it's been primarily a Hoback A15 clipped in my rfp, with a Buck 501 (DLT exclusive) in my lfp. If I don't have the Hoback, it's probably the Reate K2 that I carried most of last year.

Last edited:
I got this Lionsteel Thrill yesterday (hence my picture from my work desk), I've been looking for a good slipjoint with stainless steel and this one checked all the boxes including some I didn't know I had (like the sweet spring-loaded pocket clip that isn't there when you don't need it). M390 with a single-piece aluminum handle.

I carried it to work today too, and I'm really liking the light weight and smooth action, it checks all the boxes the Benchmade Bugout does but a bit more elegantly.

TXzLKSB.jpg
I like it! :thumbsup:

Still Spyderco PM-3 when I have to carry a folder. Or Spyderco Lil' Native when on the motorcycle (it lives in my m/c jacket). Or a mini-birudashi, which doesn't exactly fold, but it's tiny. ;)

Never been much of a folder guy. That said, I always have my SAK with me.

Buck or Gerber in the sheath pouch, pocket clipped Cold Steel Recon one or Code 4.

Reasoning, surplus Buck and Gerber folders I got are still great knives. I just find its nice to have one on the sheath of the main carry knives. Code 4s and Recon 1 I got have the best locking mechanism and better steel that is handy to have on hand when not carrying the big chopper around. Still keep them in the pocket when carrying the bigger blades around.

A friend stopped listening to his "SAVE ANY WEIGHT POSSIBLE!" type "Wilderhood" wife after their ultra light kayak flopped over and was glad he "Smuggled" on his person a good folding lock back knife that exceeded her "TOTAL ALLOWABLE MISSION MASS!" That the hand santizer and "Smuggled" fire steel got them a fire and dry to get back and reloaded the old Grumman (he was not going to take that old Kevlar canoe that seemed flimsy after sitting around for so long) with a realistic wilderness load out and then had more fun (he did, she griped about all the weight...although a nice tent and cooking materials seemed handy.) After that all trips are going to be done in canoes to carry things with for him, if she wants to she can sleep on rough bedding with a mosquito netting around her if she insists on taking that wacky kayaky. He got himself a new canoe as well.

I couldn't stand not having one any longer, of all the modern traditionals I didn't own this one kept calling to me and I couldn't resist. It just arrived yesterday via the Exchange. Damn Lionsteel and their stupid sexy slipjoints.

6DTPlj4.jpg
That’s gorgeous! :thumbsup:

That’s gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I thought so too, yours are pretty damn great looking as well. I'm a huge fan of the slim handle, rounded edges, and solid action of this blade, plus I can pinch the blade to open it and that's always a plus. The action's a bit stiffer than the Thrill I also just got, that one's aluminum integral spring is definitely a bit softer in the action and easier to operate but both are a breeze and very comfortable.

I thought so too, yours are pretty damn great looking as well. I'm a huge fan of the slim handle, rounded edges, and solid action of this blade, plus I can pinch the blade to open it and that's always a plus. The action's a bit stiffer than the Thrill I also just got, that one's aluminum integral spring is definitely a bit softer in the action and easier to operate but both are a breeze and very comfortable.
I like the pinch opening a lot. For that reason, I like my otnat better than the drop point, there isn’t much to grab to pinch open it. Also, the nail nick could be placed a little better. The otnat is just a joy! Enjoy yours! :)

Btw, I got an email from Lion Steel this morning regarding a Barlow slim that will be available at the end of the month. The natural canvas with milling looks all kinds of sexy. :thumbsup:

When im out and about i carry a zt0801
For work ive been carrying a spyderco delica wave for the last couple weeks.

For years i thought case was the last traditional knife company that was still making quality knives. Late to the party, i just learned about gec. Heck, i didnt even know anything about traditionals apparently. Bought a schatt & morgan recently and blown away by how much i like it. Now im looking at a gec or two. I dont need this...

Back