What folding lockback knife would James Bond carry?

colubrid

Gold Member
Along with his traditional Rolex watch and Walther PPK. What knife would James Bond carry?

I would say it was between a Rocktsed or Sebenza to match his Walther PPK and Rolex watch.

Sean Connery will always be James Bond but Daniel Craig at least went back to the Walter PPK. Any Bond not using the Walter PPK is no James Bond in my book.

So what folding knife would compliment his Rolex and Walter? I know he used a switchblade in one movie. But I would like to imagine something more progessive since back in Connery days there was no Sebenzas or Rockstead knives.

walther-ppk.jpg

1-Connery-Submariner.jpg

In an early novel, he has a switchblade hidden in a briefcase. But yeah, he's a fixed blade guy.

Pre HMSS, he might have carried a Royal Navy clasp knife, but he was Commander Bond, RN, no foremast jack. So maybe an SAK for minor chores? Or a switchblade chute knife when did his airborne training?

Zieg

I would like to suggest an Insingo but Bond would carry something of European origin.

Bond is all about fixed blades.

The point of this thread is to have fun about which folding lockback he "would" carry. What James Bond had was sleek ,sexy , simple, classy yet high tech without being overkill glitz. For instance he would never have skulls and crap all over his titanium handle knife. LOL!

bond-gets-his-ppk-2.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to suggest an Insingo but Bond would carry something of European origin.

What lockback knives are made in Britain today? They are illegal there. No lockbacks allowed.

I don't think carrying a Shirogorov (Russian knife) would be cool .

It would seem someone already looked into this:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/tags/knife

"M (Ralph Fiennes) gives James Bond (Daniel Craig) a Gerber 06 Automatic S30V Drop Point knife in SPECTRE."

Edit: I guess I'm not really helping with the OP. My mistake.

Last edited:
What lockback knives are made in Britain today? They are illegal there. No lockbacks allowed.

I don't think carrying a Shirogorov (Russian knife) would be cool .

Illegal? Bond is a double 0. Licensed to kill. He would be exempt.

If not, then how about an Italian or German knife?

Illegal? Bond is a double 0. Licensed to kill. He would be exempt.

If not, then how about an Italian or German knife?

I just don't know if any lockback knives are manufactured in England because they are illegal there.

I think Sean Connery might carry a small Mercator to go with his Walther ppk, and Daniel Craig would carry a slightly larger mercator to go with his slightly larger Walther ppk/s.
I don't imagine either using their pocket knife for anything tactical so a smaller mercator would be fine.

An Italian made Stilletto Switchblade, maybe O.T.F. ....Sleek, Black & Chrome,
Very disgreetly, & non-typically carried, & used for various line cutting, escaping, & rescuing (Damsels mainly) Along with the occasional use as a 'Thrower' to stop a villian cold....
or at the very least, very 'Shaken' and as always the damsel left quite 'Stirred' 😗 B.T.B.

He would probably carry a Spyderco Jani-song, because e that knife is so damn cool, and not available in the US.

if we think along the lines of the traditional 007 with his PPK and Rolex, it has to be a euro knife, any of the following would make a good James Bond knife:
a large Mercator to keep the made in Germany motif
any of the Victorinox alox original soldier or pioneer or farmer
any italian stiletto (plain plastic handle no stag or bone or anything fancy)
any german made OTF switchknife (plastic or all metal handle)

For the new James Bond (Daniel Craig) we have to take into consideration the times of globalization we are living-in and all the cool stuff available, IMO it has to be a Microtech OTF automatic

Back