1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What folding lockback knife would James Bond carry?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by colubrid, Feb 8, 2017.

1. colubrid

colubrid Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Along with his traditional Rolex watch and Walther PPK. What knife would James Bond carry?

I would say it was between a Rocktsed or Sebenza to match his Walther PPK and Rolex watch.

Sean Connery will always be James Bond but Daniel Craig at least went back to the Walter PPK. Any Bond not using the Walter PPK is no James Bond in my book.

So what folding knife would compliment his Rolex and Walter? I know he used a switchblade in one movie. But I would like to imagine something more progessive since back in Connery days there was no Sebenzas or Rockstead knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Bond is all about fixed blades.

3. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    In an early novel, he has a switchblade hidden in a briefcase. But yeah, he's a fixed blade guy.

Pre HMSS, he might have carried a Royal Navy clasp knife, but he was Commander Bond, RN, no foremast jack. So maybe an SAK for minor chores? Or a switchblade chute knife when did his airborne training?

Zieg

4. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I would like to suggest an Insingo but Bond would carry something of European origin.

5. colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    The point of this thread is to have fun about which folding lockback he "would" carry. What James Bond had was sleek ,sexy , simple, classy yet high tech without being overkill glitz. For instance he would never have skulls and crap all over his titanium handle knife. LOL!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    What lockback knives are made in Britain today? They are illegal there. No lockbacks allowed.

I don't think carrying a Shirogorov (Russian knife) would be cool .

7. brcromer

brcromer “Pierrot Le Fou”

Oct 22, 2007
    It would seem someone already looked into this:

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/tags/knife

"M (Ralph Fiennes) gives James Bond (Daniel Craig) a Gerber 06 Automatic S30V Drop Point knife in SPECTRE."

Edit: I guess I'm not really helping with the OP. My mistake.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014

Illegal? Bond is a double 0. Licensed to kill. He would be exempt.

If not, then how about an Italian or German knife?

9. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Spyderco Jess Horn

Airborne 1 likes this.
  10. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Emerson super a100 with triad lock haha

11. colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    I just don't know if any lockback knives are manufactured in England because they are illegal there.

12. colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    Like this?:

[​IMG]

13. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I think Sean Connery might carry a small Mercator to go with his Walther ppk, and Daniel Craig would carry a slightly larger mercator to go with his slightly larger Walther ppk/s.
    I don't imagine either using their pocket knife for anything tactical so a smaller mercator would be fine.

14. Thetimefarm

Thetimefarm

Jul 28, 2015
    Mnandi, Marfione Custom, Direware, depends on where he is and what he's doing.

15. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
  16. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    A CF Jerry Moen auto

17. Billy The Blade

Billy The Blade

Jul 30, 2014
    An Italian made Stilletto Switchblade, maybe O.T.F. ....Sleek, Black & Chrome,
    Very disgreetly, & non-typically carried, & used for various line cutting, escaping, & rescuing (Damsels mainly) Along with the occasional use as a 'Thrower' to stop a villian cold....
    or at the very least, very 'Shaken' and as always the damsel left quite 'Stirred' 😗 B.T.B.

Swampdog likes this.
  18. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    He would probably carry a Spyderco Jani-song, because e that knife is so damn cool, and not available in the US.

19. fausto nasafiaschi

fausto nasafiaschi

Aug 6, 2000
    if we think along the lines of the traditional 007 with his PPK and Rolex, it has to be a euro knife, any of the following would make a good James Bond knife:
    a large Mercator to keep the made in Germany motif
    any of the Victorinox alox original soldier or pioneer or farmer
    any italian stiletto (plain plastic handle no stag or bone or anything fancy)
    any german made OTF switchknife (plastic or all metal handle)

For the new James Bond (Daniel Craig) we have to take into consideration the times of globalization we are living-in and all the cool stuff available, IMO it has to be a Microtech OTF automatic

20. Jimislash

Jimislash Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Mick_1KRR and cricketdave like this.