What happened to Snow and Nealley?

Not the same person. Im new here and chose 42.5 after reading the beatdown. I just collect old axes, mainly norlund and kelly. To much drama here. Wow

Norlund was a cheap sub-brand of Mann's axes. They were definitely not of equal quality to their standard offerings, nor are they the equal of many other commonly available vintage axes. They're better than a modern "hecho en Mexico" hardware store axe, for sure, but they were far from the crown jewel of quality that modern collectors seem to think they are. Just a sign of how effective their marketing was, I suppose, that folks are still falling for it long after the company went under.

Norlund was a cheap sub-brand of Mann's axes. They were definitely not of equal quality to their standard offerings, nor are they the equal of many other commonly available vintage axes. They're better than a modern "hecho en Mexico" hardware store axe, for sure, but they were far from the crown jewel of quality that modern collectors seem to think they are. Just a sign of how effective their marketing was, I suppose, that folks are still falling for it long after the company went under.

I totally agree with this.

Pretty sure the m stamped axes are from the same period and they go for peanuts.Only newer Mann marked axes I recall seeing are paper label Indian chiefs.Have a couple collins and a plumb that I’m pretty sure Mann made,does anyone have a flat cheeked axe stamped Mann?

Back