What in the heck are these?

t1mpani

Platinum Member
Hello, fellow pig-men. :)

Old age is a terrible thing. I used to know the name of all these knives and all these color combinations, but damned if I can remember. Your expertise is, as always, appreciated.

Warren
lkxW7uQ.jpg

Hi, I'm going 2 try and help you:)

Top could be a "mutt" of somekind, a stripped Mudd Mutt? --Scrapyard Knifeworks

Second one is a Badger Attack Combat grade Infi steel

Third and fourth may be Tank Busters. Top is combat grade and bottom looks to be double-cut-bead-blasted and both are Infi

Hopefully s/o more knowledgable can correct me if I mis-identified these !

Last edited:
I appreciate it---I believe you're right about the tank busters. The first is an INFI version of a scrap yard but that's all I know, beyond the fact that it's a mudder handle.

Last edited:
1. Street scrapper 5 (INFI)
2. BATAC (INFI)
3. Tankbuster (INFI)
4. Tankbuster (INFI)

I'll take em

LOL I haven't even priced 'em yet since I couldn't look them up without names. :D
Thank you very much for the info--
I'll get back on these this evening--gotta get off BF for now before my employer catches me away from the grindstone...

1. Street scrapper 5 (INFI)
2. BATAC (INFI)
3. Tankbuster (INFI)
4. Tankbuster (INFI)

I'll take em
Winner, winner.

Satin, black res-c
Desert Olive, OD green g-10
Tanker Grey, black g-10
Double cut, OD green g-10

Okay, I'm home, and trying to figure out what to do. Since posting this, I've received several PMs with people expressing interest, and a couple who said "I don't know what they are but please let me know if you want to sell them!" before anybody replied with the names. Of course, as this isn't actually a sale thread but an exploratory thread to inform the PRICING of a sale thread, the typical 1st come 1st serve sales rules don't technically apply, but I don't want to snub anybody. I'm sending out some PMs, and then will figure it out.

... The first is an INFI version of a scrap yard but that's all I know, beyond the fact that it's a mudder handle.
It is a Scrapper 5 LE, or S5 LE. The LE & SE are the only S5s that were made with INFI.

It's good to see you around here again!

[edit: added SE]

Last edited:
Thank ya Sir--I actually do hang around, but in a ghostly ninja sort of way. After 15 years, I've realized that others are AT LEAST as good as answering the questions that pop up here as I am. :D

Those no choil tankbusters are sweet and unique in the multiple choil option world of Busse.

The S5LE along with the Street Scrapper 4 were the awesome INFI Scrap Yard offerings. There were a few show special satin S5's that were INFI and NOT LE, I had one and sold it, but they are pretty rare.

Awesome group! :thumbsup:

It is a Scrapper 5 LE, or S5 LE. The LE is the only S5 that was made with INFI.

It's good to see you around here again!
There are SE's as well. Gray, black, and at least 1 orange res-c handled satin INFI combos.
Looks OD greenish in this pic, but it has grey res-c. vvv

0224161605_HDR-01_zpsftuczyss.jpeg

By the way, I forgot to say thanks for the finish identifications--much appreciated. :)

Responded!
BTW I could be mistaken, but the BATAC looks to me like it might have magnum handles on it. Really not sure, but both g-10 & mag handles were both optional upgrades, just fyi/reminding ya. :) The price list thread link is in the Consolidated Info sticky, if yer lookin' for it.

Thanks again!

The one in my pic up top looks like it shattered--that's just what Frog Lube looks like when saran wrap has dried it to the blade. A little alcohol will be in order to clean up. :)

Ummm...just so more people don't get disappointed, I need to tell you guys that the two tank busters are now gone...even though I hadn't yet gotten around to making a sale thread. Wasn't trying to break the rules, mods. :oops:

Last edited:
Your post (#7) probably didn't help, along with "pm sent" posts. Definitely has a FS vibe, can't deny that. :) Good thing yer membership allows asking values & sales, or admittedly, I'd have locked it in favor of you taking it to the Exchange. The rest can go via PM's or Exchange threads without further updates here, yes? ;)

Absolutely--and any further model inquiries will be headed with a "they're not for sale yet so just back off, piggies!" disclaimer. :D

think that's actually a scrapper 4. by it's relation to the badger attack.

The Scrapper 4s I'm seeing appear more slender in the blade, closer to the old Swamp Rat D2 series

Back