1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

What in the heck are these?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by t1mpani, Aug 11, 2017.

1. t1mpani

t1mpani Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Idle hooves...

2. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is 5. :)
    No in-house full satin infi SS4 runs I've ever seen, but their spines are satin & rounded.

3. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2006
    ...Not to mention the round choil on the 4's. ;)
    SYKC_SS4-INFI.jpg

PA Trout likes this.
  4. nydude

nydude Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hmm so it is. my mistake. it looked small to me in that pic. I've got one of the infi S5's with the putty/taupe color, and with out pulling it out, I always think of it as performing like a bigger knife.

5. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Thank you Jaxx! I forgot about the SE.

6. DTOM 1776

DTOM 1776 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Great knives you have there.

The S5LE is probably my all time favorite knife. My first Bussekin was a S5CG ordered during the release. That one started it all for me.....

7. t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    Yes, it's a great knife--work has largely kept me out of the outdoors for the last few years, and as I've been going through the knives I haven't used and am settling on which I'm selling, I'm sort of rediscovering my love for the mudder handle, and wishing I hadn't sold off all my coated ones.

The search for a better knife started it all for me back in 2002--Busse seemed a tad out of reach for a newly minted LT, but the Kraton handle having literally melted off the knife I'd been using (bug spray repels Cold Steel SRKs too) prompted me to jump on an Internet forum all about knives, and the fine fellows here brought my attention to a new line of less expensive options just starting up called Swamp Rat. God, it really has been 15 years... :)

8. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Mar 18, 2003
    Yes Warren, and it's great to have you back.:cool::thumbsup:

9. t1mpani

Jun 6, 2002
    [​IMG]