What is the best EDC pocket knife you've ever seen?Pics!

Given the sensitivity members have shown to using posts in the general forum to hawk wares, I would humbly suggest editing the post, to avoid another kerfuffle, to simply say something like "glad you like it feel free to look at our subforum for more details on this and other Kizer offerings."
I agree. Mentioning price and availability runs in to ad territory for me. The rest seems fine. I mean, if liking a silly looking design were against the rules, there would be a lot of people in violation! :D

Let's see what a mod thinks.

I agree. Mentioning price and availability runs in to ad territory for me. The rest seems fine. I mean, if liking a silly looking design were against the rules, there would be a lot of people in violation! :D

Let's see what a mod thinks.

I'm glad I'm not the moderator who takes up that question! "Gray area", for $300, please!

On the one hand, by putting up the picture, Kizer is practically asking for somebody to ask about it, without actually soliciting. On the other hand, what kind of latitude does having your own sub-forum and Moderator badge give you, outside your own sub?

Since opinions are free and everybody's wrong on the Internet (yes, I like saying it. I need to remind myself, regularly), I'm going to toss in my 2 cents, to leave the thread open, with a recommendation to Kizer to add some verbage to the original post, reflecting the fact that this is their latest prototype, and they think it's the "best" EDC, and so on. What are other people's opinions, on the "best"? Or something like that. Obviously, those are my words, and obviously, it's up to the moderation team. God bless 'em for the job they do....

I'm glad I'm not the moderator who takes up that question! "Gray area", for $300, please!

On the one hand, by putting up the picture, Kizer is practically asking for somebody to ask about it, without actually soliciting. On the other hand, what kind of latitude does having your own sub-forum and Moderator badge give you, outside your own sub?

Since opinions are free and everybody's wrong on the Internet (yes, I like saying it. I need to remind myself, regularly), I'm going to toss in my 2 cents, to leave the thread open, with a recommendation to Kizer to add some verbage to the original post, reflecting the fact that this is their latest prototype, and they think it's the "best" EDC, and so on. What are other people's opinions, on the "best"? Or something like that. Obviously, those are my words, and obviously, it's up to the moderation team. God bless 'em for the job they do....
They've been doing this with all of these threads. It's the lack of subtlety that gets me.

They've been doing this with all of these threads. It's the lack of subtlety that gets me.

The problem is that I can see both sides of the argument.

Since they're not being subtle about it, it doesn't feel like a "Mantis Mulisha", situation. Instead, it's: "hey, we're Kizer, you already know we're in the business of selling knives". I feel like since it's their sub-forum moderator posting these, instead of doing it through a proxy, they should get some credit for leaving their clubhouse and coming over here to play.

I can also see what people mean when they talk about intent versus factual statement: they never come right out and factually state that they're in GKD to engage us specifically on the subject of Kizer products, but since it's the moderator of their sub, it's easy to interpret that as being their intent.

Good thing I'm just a free-to-play whose opinion doesn't count, huh?

Either way, I'm gonna shut my mouth about this one. Before I jam my foot in it.....

Since they're not being subtle about it, it doesn't feel like a "Mantis Mulisha", situation. Instead, it's: "hey, we're Kizer, you already know we're in the business of selling knives". I feel like since it's their sub-forum moderator posting these, instead of doing it through a proxy, they should get some credit for leaving their clubhouse and coming over here to play.

I can also see what people mean when they talk about intent versus factual statement: they never come right out and factually state that they're in GKD to engage us specifically on the subject of Kizer products, but since it's the moderator of their sub, it's easy to interpret that as being their intent.

Either way, I'm gonna shut my mouth about this one. Before I jam my foot in it.....
Unfortunately I think my foot is permanently stuck there. :D

Candidly, I think these threads from Kizer are just weak advertisements and I don't think they should be in GenPop. That's why they have their own sub, keep this noise in there. Happy to say that I've spent something like two grand on knives in the past couple weeks and not a dime went to them.

I'm still cracking up that this marketing guy tried to act like a knife that was clearly drawn line for line from a picture of the Tesla Cyber Truck and turned into a cheap, tacky looking knife was an original inhouse design. Grayte jerb, that is.

Last edited:
If you watched their video that was on Snapchat it showed a computer screen with the outline of a car on the monitor and then superimposed the car image over the knife design.

I'm not sure. I've had a 4 blade Scout/Camp knife in my RF pocket 24/7/365.25 since April 6, 1960. (not the same one. My original is long gone) Starting sometime in 1964, I added a (2 blade) Barlow to my pocket. In 1965 or 1966, I "discovered" the stockman. A stockman has been in my pocket24/7/365.25 ever since.
In 1968 or 1969, I got my first Buck 110 (it is long gone :( ) Other than a couple weeks to a month since, there has been a Buck 110 or Old Timer 6OT or Old Timer 7OT or Uncle Henry LB7 on my belt 24/7/365.25

My "normal" (for me) EDC is the Scout/Camp knife (or a SAK Huntsman) and a (large 4 inch plus closed) stockman in my pocket, and either a Buck 110 and/or a 2 blade slipjoint folding hunter on my belt. (yes. sometimes I carry both.)
On days I know I'll be doing something different (working with rope, for example) I'll add a Marlin Spike or whatever other pattern makes sense.

Last edited:
Okay, but I like to think of it this way, what if every manufacturer or maker that has their own subforum started posting thinly veiled ads every week. GKD would not be the valuable resource it is now, but rather just a bunch of ads for different companies, sort of like company sponsored "discussions". I don't mind it that much when there is no direct advertising like prices, ordering information, or links. That said, if kizer is allowed to do this, every company with a sub should be as well. Is that something that we want?

Okay, but I like to think of it this way, what if every manufacturer or maker that has their own subforum started posting thinly veiled ads every week. GKD would not be the valuable resource it is now, but rather just a bunch of ads for different companies, sort of like company sponsored "discussions". I don't mind it that much when there is no direct advertising like prices, ordering information, or links. That said, if kizer is allowed to do this, every company with a sub should be as well. Is that something that we want?

I agree.

This is my first response in any of these threads because I think it is pretty obvious that Kizer is right up on the line. I will not feed their marketing because of it. But, if people choose to post in the threads, then I reckon the people have voted. I just won't support it. And because of it, I won't buy their knives either.

I agree. I don't want General to become a shilling shart-show, either.

I wouldn't be against any/every manufacturer coming over here to participate in honest discussion, as long as it really is discussion. I'm probably overstepping my authority, but it does seem like Kizer has shown us a couple points of order that need to be addressed.

1) The fact that it's a post by a manufacturer (or their designated proxy) means that it's necessary for them to be very explicit about their intention to encourage discussion, and only discussion.

2) In reference to 1, the fact that the original post does not include any information about the pictured knife, calls into question the motives of the post.

3) Kizer's recent posting history here in General is evidence that their motives are unclear, at the very least, and any manufacturer who wants to post in places other than their sub needs to be very clear about what and why they are posting.

I don't think it's possible to do something as simple as imposing a thread limit per week/month/year, outside their sub.

The larger question is how to balance the scales for free and open discussion by anybody, with the need to keep the shills quiet. I don't think a one size fits all answer is possible, and even if the moderators decide to toss everybody inside their own fences, that opens the possibility of "anonymous" proxies, and even more problems.

I like the idea of us being able to police ourselves mostly, and I guess the fact that this thread has taken a left turn into ethics shows that we're doing all right at it.

Given the sensitivity members have shown to using posts in the general forum to hawk wares, I would humbly suggest editing the post, to avoid another kerfuffle, to simply say something like "glad you like it feel free to look at our subforum for more details on this and other Kizer offerings."
Thank you for the suggestion.

Best? Coincidentally all Japanese.

1. Lightest and "Reliablest" and "Classicest"
2. Pinnacle of Production Perfection
3. Fidget + Machining Science

And seriously, I have family members trying to sell me life insurance, Cutco knives, and MK cosmetics and it's OP that crosses the line of "stop ringing my doorbell".

Edit: Like to add that there are many venerable, paying members here, and part of that privilege is to not see ads. If thinly-veiled ad content is made a thread, then that sort of defeats the purpose of membership tiers.

Last edited:
This:

ZVHb2Ikl.jpg

Or this:

0xjKlTsl.jpg

Which one do you consider to be the

?

Rocksteads.

I think CRK is the standard for precision. And Italian brands, like Viper, have cornered the "nice-ness", such as crowned spines, chamfer/contouring, polished liners, etc. Rockstead is the production company that gets both.

Only my Thorburns give the same noise, tactile pleasure and overall polish. Given that the Higo is running on PB washers and thumb studs, beating out all my flipping WE's, Shiro's, other customs - is an amazing feat. I only regret that I'm too poor.

haha, yes, that's my choice, at least for now, this is our new product and I think is the best geek EDC for me.
Hi, Kizer Cutlery

First, thanks for editing your other post. I think all of us agree that we don’t want to see General Knife Discussion become a manufacturer’s marketing zone.

Second, allow myself to introduce myself. I may have been discussing Kizer on Blade Forums longer than anyone. I’ve long been an advocate and have enjoyed seeing Kizer become a common name among knife enthusiasts. I’m not saying this to blow my own horn but to try to illustrate that I have no hostility toward the brand or point of origin.

I’d like to discuss this:
View attachment 1374892
WTF?
This EDC knife looks like I’d feel holding a handful of D4 dice. I can MAYBE picture it as useful for dicing a bunch of limes (if I ever needed to dice limes), but I’d do it against a ceramic plate so I could turn the edge and grab another knife as soon as possible.

If this knife is your choice, share your experience. Tell us why. What makes it outstanding in hand and action? It feels like you’re here to market a knife that looks for all purposes to be the punchline of a joke.

If you want to talk knives, geek out with us. I’d love that.

If you want to market knives, then your sub-forum might be a better place to discuss price, release date and pre-purchase opportunities.

Seriously, I love that Kizer as a brand, and you as their Rep, want to talk knives. That’s really cool. Please start by telling me why the Tesla Truck Knife is the best EDC for you.

Sorry for running on. I’ve never been accused of being too brief!

Back