What is the best EDC pocket knife you've ever seen?Pics!

Hi, Kizer Cutlery

First, thanks for editing your other post. I think all of us agree that we don’t want to see General Knife Discussion become a manufacturer’s marketing zone.

Second, allow myself to introduce myself. I may have been discussing Kizer on Blade Forums longer than anyone. I’ve long been an advocate and have enjoyed seeing Kizer become a common name among knife enthusiasts. I’m not saying this to blow my own horn but to try to illustrate that I have no hostility toward the brand or point of origin.

I’d like to discuss this:
View attachment 1374892
WTF?
This EDC knife looks like I’d feel holding a handful of D4 dice. I can MAYBE picture it as useful for dicing a bunch of limes (if I ever needed to dice limes), but I’d do it against a ceramic plate so I could turn the edge and grab another knife as soon as possible.

If this knife is your choice, share your experience. Tell us why. What makes it outstanding in hand and action? It feels like you’re here to market a knife that looks for all purposes to be the punchline of a joke.

If you want to talk knives, geek out with us. I’d love that.

If you want to market knives, then your sub-forum might be a better place to discuss price, release date and pre-purchase opportunities.

Seriously, I love that Kizer as a brand, and you as their Rep, want to talk knives. That’s really cool. Please start by telling me why the Tesla Truck Knife is the best EDC for you.

Sorry for running on. I’ve never been accused of being too brief!

I'm just here to see if anyone posted up anything from Al Mar...

It's not unusual for design trends to bleed over into other commercial items. You may not remember but the original Ford Taurus jelly bean design softened the corners of the world.
It remains to be seen if the angular Tesla will be as popular and copied; well, it sort of already has, but if it will be copied in a broader scope of commercial and industrial design.
I think the knife is pretty cool.
I work mostly in curves so I like minimalist angular stuff.

Hi, Kizer Cutlery

First, thanks for editing your other post. I think all of us agree that we don’t want to see General Knife Discussion become a manufacturer’s marketing zone.

Second, allow myself to introduce myself. I may have been discussing Kizer on Blade Forums longer than anyone. I’ve long been an advocate and have enjoyed seeing Kizer become a common name among knife enthusiasts. I’m not saying this to blow my own horn but to try to illustrate that I have no hostility toward the brand or point of origin.

I’d like to discuss this:
View attachment 1374892
WTF?
This EDC knife looks like I’d feel holding a handful of D4 dice. I can MAYBE picture it as useful for dicing a bunch of limes (if I ever needed to dice limes), but I’d do it against a ceramic plate so I could turn the edge and grab another knife as soon as possible.

If this knife is your choice, share your experience. Tell us why. What makes it outstanding in hand and action? It feels like you’re here to market a knife that looks for all purposes to be the punchline of a joke.

If you want to talk knives, geek out with us. I’d love that.

If you want to market knives, then your sub-forum might be a better place to discuss price, release date and pre-purchase opportunities.

Seriously, I love that Kizer as a brand, and you as their Rep, want to talk knives. That’s really cool. Please start by telling me why the Tesla Truck Knife is the best EDC for you.

Sorry for running on. I’ve never been accused of being too brief!
Thank you so much for this long and detailed comment. I chose this has my own reason and I love to share with you guys.

First, the grip is not that bad in hand, I love to put a finger in the finger grooves and two on the rest handle and the little finger hold on the pommel. When I was using it to do a bit of preying or scraping, I would put my forefinger in the open hole(window) and middle finger on the grooves and rest two fingers on the rest handle. It can be held tight and get the job done.

Second, I always want a knife with a glass breaker and tanto blade that not so pointed since the car crash I had 8-9 years ago at Guangzhou's Neihuan high-way although that time I haven't work for Kizer yet. It was so terrifying when I was stuck in the car which rolling 270° and stopped in the middle of the high-way, seeing other cars passing by with 120KM/h. And this knife's glass breaker and the blade works well for me and it will not fly out of my hand when I hold the open hole. That's what I need. I don't want a knife that when I cut the seat belt and the knife get lose from my hand and cut myself just because I was upside down or using too much strength. Or a knife that too pointed that hurt myself by mistake when I upside down and stuck in a car.

Third, the Cyber Blade looks like a car model instead of a threatening knife so it's pretty good for office carrying.

That's why I love it and carry it, some times the best EDC is not the perfect one but the one that fit your needs.

Thank you for loving Kizer and We will do our best to serve you.

Thank you so much for this long and detailed comment. I chose this has my own reason and I love to share with you guys.

First, the grip is not that bad in hand, I love to put a finger in the finger grooves and two on the rest handle and the little finger hold on the pommel. When I was using it to do a bit of preying or scraping, I would put my forefinger in the open hole(window) and middle finger on the grooves and rest two fingers on the rest handle. It can be held tight and get the job done.

Second, I always want a knife with a glass breaker and tanto blade that not so pointed since the car crash I had 8-9 years ago at Guangzhou's Neihuan high-way although that time I haven't work for Kizer yet. It was so terrifying when I was stuck in the car which rolling 270° and stopped in the middle of the high-way, seeing other cars passing by with 120KM/h. And this knife's glass breaker and the blade works well for me and it will not fly out of my hand when I hold the open hole. That's what I need. I don't want a knife that when I cut the seat belt and the knife get lose from my hand and cut myself just because I was upside down or using too much strength. Or a knife that too pointed that hurt myself by mistake when I upside down and stuck in a car.

Third, the Cyber Blade looks like a car model instead of a threatening knife so it's pretty good for office carrying.

That's why I love it and carry it, some times the best EDC is not the perfect one but the one that fit your needs.

Thanks for the response. I hadn't pictured the "scraping" element of the blade shape, but given how many people love the Graham Razel, it makes some sense.

I hope you will never have to experience another accident like that, but in your scenario, I would highly recommend getting one of this and attached it to your car key split ring(though some cars now have side lamented window, still worth a try):
bgbf7GD.jpg

When you are strapped in a seat belt upside down in a car, it may be difficult to try to fish that knife out, and worst yet, if another vehicle hits you again or the car roll again(if you fell off a slope), the knife will just become another sharp object you would try to avoid.

Btw, I do welcome any knife maker/manufacturer/PR person here to discuss knives or have fun interacting with members, but my 2 cents worth of humble suggestion--maybe one way to avoid being labeled as soft ad is to stop posting any Kizer knives whenever starting a new thread, or try to participate in other threads discussion, just like an other regular member would.

Some really nice knives here. New collector, just picked up a Rockstead Hizen which I think fits a lot of what the perfect EDC should be, beautifully made, extremely sharp, and great esthetics. Relatively practical for the price point too. I love the cyber truck looking knife that everyone in this thread hates too lol. Super compact and looks like it would be fun to play around with. Love the shape of the blade too. I’m looking around online to find it now.

Another of the nicest knives I’ve seen for an EDC would be Dirk De Wit Grailer. Would love to get my hands on it or on any of his custom knives but I read he has a waiting list of years and only makes a few each year these days. There’s a message thread on here or one of the flashlight forums somewhere I’ll find and link to this message if anyone is interested. Love it for the same reasons I love the Hizen.

Its nice that you explain why you like it. Yet i believe this is far from the knife you want when you are in a car crash imo... a blunt tip knife with a serrated edge and a glassbreaker will work far better and simple g10 will provide far more grip then this slick TI. I like how you tried to defend your point but it does not make a lot of sense. Its ok to simply promote a strange and kinda useless design but its better to keep it out of general its not that nice if you are just trying to read knives and unbiased opinions.

I hope you will never have to experience another accident like that, but in your scenario, I would highly recommend getting one of this and attached it to your car key split ring(though some cars now have side lamented window, still worth a try):
bgbf7GD.jpg

When you are strapped in a seat belt upside down in a car, it may be difficult to try to fish that knife out, and worst yet, if another vehicle hits you again or the car roll again(if you fell off a slope), the knife will just become another sharp object you would try to avoid.

Btw, I do welcome any knife maker/manufacturer/PR person here to discuss knives or have fun interacting with members, but my 2 cents worth of humble suggestion--maybe one way to avoid being labeled as soft ad is to stop posting any Kizer knives whenever starting a new thread, or try to participate in other threads discussion, just like an other regular member would.
Thank you, I drive much safer now. And that tool you mentioned, I've already had it for sure. And you know, one is none, two is one so I still want my EDC knife to have glass breaking function to prepare well as plan B.
And about the discussion thread pic, I just posted my EDC but yes, I would try to avoid this in the future.

Last edited:
Its nice that you explain why you like it. Yet i believe this is far from the knife you want when you are in a car crash imo... a blunt tip knife with a serrated edge and a glassbreaker will work far better and simple g10 will provide far more grip then this slick TI. I like how you tried to defend your point but it does not make a lot of sense. Its ok to simply promote a strange and kinda useless design but its better to keep it out of general its not that nice if you are just trying to read knives and unbiased opinions.
Thank you for your suggestion, as I replied to comis, after the car crashed I always prepare well or say more than well. I have the tool that comis mentioned and also I have this EDC knife as plan B, also I have a bag of bandage, an old type of small phone in case my smartphone breaks.
And yes, I would try to avoid this in the future.
But to be fair speaking, I just posted a pic like others and non-saying any promo of it and I've changed the inappropriate reply, to avoid promo.
I just hope that as a brand or a ppl that love knives can discuss and connect with the community. Best wishes.

Last edited:
...do you work in a ball factory?

This made me laugh out loud. Was not expecting that. Well done. Thank you for the good unexpected laugh.

Kizer Cutlery Kizer Cutlery As I am sure you are aware...I was pretty vocal about my feelings towards your threads previously...hence my non participation.
However...
If, if you actually participate in the threads you start, not with just generic responses, but with me feeling like you actually care about knives like we do...I may change my mind, I’m a big boy.

And with all due respect, that knife is not even close to being up my alley, it doesnt even look functional. For scraping, a nice longer blade like a large tanto or insigo shaped Sebenza would be your best bet. And that handle looks so uncomfortable. You even stated that its not as uncomfortable as it looks. ;) But you also didnt say it WAS comfortable.

These are just my opinions...take them or leave them. I’m just some smuck on the internet anyways.

Last edited:
This made me laugh out loud. Was not expecting that. Well done. Thank you for the good unexpected laugh.

Kizer Cutlery Kizer Cutlery As I am sure you are aware...I was pretty vocal about my feelings towards your threads previously...hence my non participation.
However...
If, if you actually participate in the threads you start, not with just generic responses, but with me feeling like you actually care about knives like we do...I may change my mind, I’m a big boy.

And with all due respect, that knife is not even close to being up my alley, it doesnt even look functional. For scraping, a nice longer blade like a large tanto or insigo shaped Sebenza would be your best bet. And that handle looks so uncomfortable. You even stated that its not as uncomfortable as it looks. ;) But you also didnt say it WAS comfortable.
Thank you, I am trying to learn more from you guys.
Yes, as you can see the handle is not comfortable like other rounded handle knives cause you can't have both good angler futuristic looks and very comfortable handle; however, the handle shape is acceptable as long as you don't use it all day for heavy work. It's a knife that you can carry in the office and do some daily work with. Like last time, we were shooting a video of it and I was using it to cut some paper jams to build a model in that video. I found the knife is very useful for this kind of task. Even to cut some very small pieces of the paper jam, the short Tanto shape blade is very good at turning angle to cut or say slice. (I get confused all the time of choosing verbs of cutting LOL.)

Sorry for this long, a bit aggressive reply. I just love that knife.
If you read all my threads you will see this is the first time I defend our product so hard. Not because I am one of Kizer but because I love this one.

Last edited:
Just a side note. You are aware that headrests in almost all cars; are designed as a glass breaker for escape in a accident ?
Umm, no. It just so happens that a while back somebody on a Japanese game show pulled the headrest out and used it to bash out a window, then somebody else a couple years later started posting on FB that this was an intentional design element. However, there is nothing in FMVSS #202 that says a removable headrest has to be designed as a glass breaker, and no mention of using it as one. It can be done, but it just a coincidence that in some cars you can do it. Removable headrests are removable to make installing the seats easier and to make space when lowering rear seats for cargo. In many modern cars its actually very difficult to remove the front head rests quickly. Some are attached to the seat back and have active components that move the headrest in the event of a collision to help prevent injury to the seat occupant.

Umm, no. It just so happens that a while back somebody on a Japanese game show pulled the headrest out and used it to bash out a window, then somebody else a couple years later started posting on FB that this was an intentional design element. However, there is nothing in FMVSS #202 that says a removable headrest has to be designed as a glass breaker, and no mention of using it as one. It can be done, but it just a coincidence that in some cars you can do it. Removable headrests are removable to make installing the seats easier and to make space when lowering rear seats for cargo. In many modern cars its actually very difficult to remove the front head rests quickly. Some are attached to the seat back and have active components that move the headrest in the event of a collision to help prevent injury to the seat occupant.

I don't have a fb but.... you are correct they were not designed that way.
Yet they can be used nonetheless for getting the job done.

Thank you, I am trying to learn more from you guys.
Yes, as you can see the handle is not comfortable like other rounded handle knives cause you can't have both good angler futuristic looks and very comfortable handle; however, the handle shape is acceptable as long as you don't use it all day for heavy work. It's a knife that you can carry in the office and do some daily work with. Like last time, we were shooting a video of it and I was using it to cut some paper jams to build a model in that video. I found the knife is very useful for this kind of task. Even to cut some very small pieces of the paper jam, the short Tanto shape blade is very good at turning angle to cut or say slice. (I get confused all the time of choosing verbs of cutting LOL.)

Sorry for this long, a bit aggressive reply. I just love that knife.
If you read all my threads you will see this is the first time I defend our product so hard. Not because I am one of Kizer but because I love this one.

I didn’t find your response aggressive at all. :)

Do you carry any other knives that aren’t Kizer brand? :)

I didn’t find your response aggressive at all. :)

Do you carry any other knives that aren’t Kizer brand? :)
Thank you for your understanding! As you know, in China pocket knife with lock is illegal to carry and sell, so it's hard to get other brand's knife XD. But I did carry a swiss army knife with slip-joint when I was studying in the UK. Love that as well but lose it lately.

Back