What is the best knife for the money?

Welcome to Bladeforums.
For folks here to give you any kind of specific answer, they will need to know:

- intended uses of the knife
- how much you are willing to spend

After those two biggies, you might begin considering things like materials and fit.

Are you a hunter? Are you looking for a hunting blade? Even there, differences exist in usage. For example, some designs work better as skinners, but some hunters are only looking for a knife for basic field dressing. Also, the knife could depend on the type of game you target.

you have to give more details, best knife for what purpose?
The best knife for the money is the one you are happy with after a year of getting it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

You ask for the best, which depends entirely on the use you have in mind, you don't tell us what that use is, and you don't know how much you'll spend.

Stop by the gas station and see if they'll give you one of those little keychain knives in the fish bowl on the counter.

Hey Guyon and others! I would like a full sized knife with a 3-4 inch blade for general EDC purposes. Mostly for boxes... i would be willing to spend as much as 500 (yes five hundred) dollars. Thanks to everyone!

Have we spotted a returning troll, or is Esav just tired?

deerhunterp has 12 posts, so I am giving him the benefit of doubt.

Hey Guyon and others! I would like a full sized knife with a 3-4 inch blade for general EDC purposes. Mostly for boxes... i would be willing to spend as much as 500 (yes five hundred) dollars. Thanks to everyone!

Folder or fixed blade?

opinels are folders, and they are great value for the money.

Would give you something quality to use while you do some more research and work out what
to spend the big chunk of your money on

Honestly, the best cutter of boxes is a boxcutter.

Cardboard is pretty hard on edges if you cut boxes day-in, day-out, so you're going to be sharpening a lot if you want a hair-popping edge.

500 dollar limit though? I'd go for a Sebenza box cutter.

deerhunterp, you've already got a good knife in that Griptilian. Like Esav suggested, maybe you need to let us know what you mean by "the best."

Mine is a Benchmade Griptillian 551SBKSN.:thumbup: Prior to that it was a gerber EVO :thumbdn: So as you can imagine my new knife is a major upgrade from the last one!

This is the best knife for the money:

multibrown090329.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

cool cheers guys, learn something new everyday. Shows how much fancy stuff i drink lol

I love the grip, i just want to do a 180 and pick somthing completely new! I like boxcutters, but i like knivea more! thanks for everybodies help!

Back