what is the busse fans favorite folder??

i really like it, pretty amazing knife for $200

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

close up of the lock insert that also acts as an overtravel stop, just like the hinderer "disk"
image-7.jpg

That's a nice looking blade. I have zero complaints about my ZT 560, honestly there are two big reasons I want to go to hinderer. I love s35vn steel and and the spanto grind, maybe a touch of being I the cool club too. But ZT is great

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the pragmatic uses for serrations like this? I'm genuinely curious.

Of all the folders I've owned, CRK were the most outstanding in terms of F&F, cutting geometry and overall quality feeling. Knives are sweet when they're actually designed geometrically to slice things.

Hinderer
ZT
Spyderco
CRK
Strider

Love the knives from these guys, XM series from Hinderer are probably my favourite right now but I love the variety from Spyderco and ZT.

shunsui

Gold Member
I like the general size and shape of the ZT-0560, but the build quality needs to be stepped up a notch to the ZT-0562CF level. The 562CF is amazing but I'd like it a little bigger.

ZT 0560BW
B4XX18i.jpg

ZT 0562CF
Wj2XalY.jpg

I'm with ragnerok on the Spyderco Para-Military. Foliage green G-10 slabs and a CPM D2 blade for me. Got to use mine for tactical sausage skewering at the homebrew contest this weekend. I will be seen carrying a carbon steel bladed Sodbuster on occasion, it's just so sharp!

These guys gets the job done...

YJJHssLl.jpg

For everyday carry I have a Benchmade Griptilian. For more formal occasions I carry an Al Mar Falcon with the talon style blade.

jus_gus

Gold Member
I carried a Grayman Satu for a few years, but recently I've been carrying a Spyderco Yojimbo 2, CPM-S90V Steel.

Ive carried a pile of folders over the years from Erl cheapo Gerber's through high end striders. I've been stepping away from folders the last year or so for small fixed blades. But my folder is a Grayman Satu, toughest friggin folder I've ever had, its a big beast but it is so functional. Shown with my HK USP 45 TAC:

I Really like the looks of pohl force as well with two exceptions. No flipper and the pocket clip looks flimsy as hell. The grayman looks tough as hell but I'm not a fan of short tall blades

I Really like the looks of pohl force as well with two exceptions. No flipper and the pocket clip looks flimsy as hell. The grayman looks tough as hell but I'm not a fan of short tall blades

Blade Runner 7

Affordable Anodizing Services
After going through many expensive midtechs and productions I always find my way back to a PM2. There's just something about that knife that screams perfection.

gga357

Gold Member
I have a good supply of different brands, mid techs and customs. To date my favorites are the ZT0600 and a Ramon Chavez Redencion 228.

I have a few folders:
1 microtech socom delta (meh, don't like it much any more)
2 Chris Reeve carbonfiber large sebenza insingo(love it)
3 spyderco pm2 (love it. My goto knife lately)
I have been really eye balling the spyderco southard hard lately, and I will have to get a Hinderer spanto flipper xm18 or xm24. If only I can find one that isn't insanely marked up and over priced.

I like the trimmer Benchmade models for EDC and ZT for tough jobs. Current favs are the BM 940 and ZT 0561
I've had some high end folders but got rid of them all, as I've been doing with my fixed queens.

Now it comes down to some assorted Bussekin fixed blades and these two brands of production folders.
And they ALL get used!