What is the nicest knife for $100-$150??

Hello,

A friend of mine is having a birthday soon and his girlfriend wants to get him a nice knife in that price range. When I say "nice" I mean something that is visually apealing as well as well made. Please give your opinion on which knives in that price range that you think are among the nicest looking and best made. Thanks.

------------------

Louis Buccellato
http://www.themartialway.com
Knives, Weapons and equipment. Best prices anywhere.
-------------

"only the paranoid will survive"

MT SOCOM or MT LCC!

------------------
bc2000logo.gif

Chang and the Rebels of the East
(Southern Taiwan Shall Rise Again!)

A Spyderco stainless Native II, for alot less than $100, then she can have his name engraved on it.
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

I need more information. Traditional knife, tactical, natural or synthetic handle materials, slip lock, lock back, or liner lock, clip or no clip, gents folder, working knife, etc. Can you be more precise about what you are looking for?

I have a BM850. It is a really nice knife, but might be a little more than $150 and is almost too pretty
smile.gif

Paracelsus

Benchmade 940 Osborne.

------------------

have a"knife"day

After reading Paracelsus' post I realized my question was quite vague.

Let's say definately a folding knife wih pocket clip. Lock is not that important. I like the look of the LCC but that thing is a beast, it's huge! He would probably not be very fond of stag handles either(not that the LCC has stag). It would be his main utility knife but I want it to have style. I wish the LCC was smaller. The knife should not be too small either, it will be his main utility knife. I was thinking maybe the Benchmade Warren Osborne. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.

------------------

Louis Buccellato
http://www.themartialway.com
Knives, Weapons and equipment. Best prices anywhere.
-------------

"only the paranoid will survive"

[This message has been edited by TheMartialWay (edited 11-21-2000).]

William Henry??? Maybe???

They sure make a classy gift.
(I keep telling the wife that.)
wink.gif

Alot of people here seem to like 'em!!

--The Raptor--

I bought a Benchmade 940 October knife of the month in blue.Really a nice sleek look and great design for a folder.The 940's in red handle version looks nice also.

A Benchmade 42 streets for about $120. Perfect.

But, if he's looking for something less exotic, how about a BM AFCK and a have Frank Recupero replace the G10 with some nice micarta or wood? Or, maybe an AFCK and a bottle of fine Single Malt Scotch to give him something to open with that new knife?

Think W!

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC LCC

did i mention the LCC?

Take a look at the new Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder, if you can find one. From what I understand this knife is very popular, and so it should be. Retail is $175.00 so you should be able to pick one up for around the price that you are looking to spend.

For a gift?

Hate to sound like I'm jumping on the "band-wagon" but, Microtech LCC, without hesitation.

I don't own one myself, and would prefer other knives as "user knives". But if I was spending $150 on a knife as gift. That would be it.

Another choice for a "unique" knife would be the Bram Frank Spyderco Gunting...if you can find one. It's just a cooool looking knife.

[This message has been edited by Full Tang Clan (edited 11-22-2000).]

Like many here, my initial reaction to the question posed was the MT LCC. I just don't think there's a better knife available anywhere for $140.00. But, if we take this one off the table due to weight considerations, I'd be tempted to go outside the box and recommend an MOD Jim Watson Trident. Its solid construction, excellent fit and finish and 3.4" 154CM blade might be just what you're looking for.
http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/mod-chief-jim-patches-watson-trident.html

There are also several of the Spyderco collaborations that would make outstanding gifts. The Lum, Wegner and Terzuola folders all appeal to me.

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Al Mar SERE 2000. You cant get any better than that. Why be boring and go Microtech? When you feel the nice solid heft of a G-10 beauty in your hand, you'll know perfection. Al Mar Knives.

--defiant
smile.gif

Back