1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What is the smartest thing you have ever done with a Knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by LadyEarth, Oct 7, 2017.

1. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Smartest thing I've done is make the purchase!

Ironically it has also been the dumbest as well...

Storm 8593, Seesteel and danbot like this.
  2. colubrid

colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    throwing them at trees

Chrisinzky and FullMetalJackass like this.
  3. Veesix

Veesix

Mar 21, 2008
    I Own One And Absolutely Love It!!

4. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Sell them

5. Spey

Spey

Apr 15, 2012
    That picture messes with my brain. I will need to attempt recreation with my DragonFly & K2 as I have never seen another knife make my K2 look small. That my friend is a mind-F of a picture, and I love it ;-)

THANKS !

3fifty7 likes this.
  6. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    Smartest thing?
    Probably buying Busse knives in the past. They only go up in value, even if used, and they provided me with a pretty sizable amount of change when times got tough and I needed cash to keep afloat.
    I got over twice what I paid for them new and I'd used 'em enough show a good amount of wear on the blade coating.

7. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    fending off muggers many times in the lovely public transportation system of my homeland when I was in college/high school cos I did not want to walk back home barefeet or without my jacket

8. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Kept the purchase price from my wife

9. JDRanger

JDRanger

Aug 14, 2017
    My smartest knife episode:

While snowmobiling, the trail we were following was blocked by a fallen 12” tree. Just beyond it was a two mile wide hill of 14 inches of untracked powder.

Dozens of sleds that arrived at the tree before us had turned back. Apparently some of them were warning other riders that the trail was blocked.

I had my ESEE 6 in my pack. We chopped out a section of the tree so we could go through and hit the hill.

We had the entire slope to ourselves for a few hours. One of the best days ever.

Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  10. Ruzster

Ruzster

May 7, 2001
    Decided not to buy it.

11. Fishcreekrim

Fishcreekrim Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Several years ago, I cut a seatbelt in a car submerged in the Pit River removed a woman’s lifeless body from the car and then revived her by using CPR.

12. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    The smartest thing?
    I dunno ... Never cut myself or others?

13. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Pics or it didn't happen. Include a platypus and 14 squirrel feet in the photo, so we'll know it's yours.

Chrisinzky likes this.
  14. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Gave it away

15. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I discovered I could make a successful career with one in my hands.

16. SteelJunkee

SteelJunkee Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2018
    Cut my credit card.

17. Veesix

Veesix

Mar 21, 2008
    Not Sure How To Post Pics Here,But You Can Fine Me On FB/IG /Valentino Person

18. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Look at and handle Sebenza's and be willing to walk away.

19. microbe

microbe

Apr 6, 2016
    In my teenage days folks got a simple ink stamp on the entrance of festivals and parties. When me and my mates went out, I usually took a little ink soaked felt in a tin, and a potato. I had to see a stamp on someone that paid and came outside first, an then cut a roughly similar stamp shape in the potato with my knife. Once my potato stamp was ready, me and all my friends put the stamp on our wrists, and we all got in the party for free.
    We gotten in to some very large festivals like that, until they started with the wristbands as payment proof.

WValtakis and Huntnow like this.
  20. Chrisinzky

Chrisinzky Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Another vote for generally just carrying one. So many instances where a situation is remedied or made easier because of my edc blade.